smear (tmi alert!)

trixipaws

Reaction score
i went for a test today, the nurse had to put the thing in 2 or 3 times coz at first she couldnt find my cervix :shock:
this evening theres been a small amount of blood not red just like pink snotty stuff when i wiped (SORRY! lol)

is this normal for a first test after having a baby? i had about 4 before (every 3 years since i was 15 :angel: ) and its never happened before

oh yes forgot to say lol millie started crying! i was like "dont worry honey its not ur turn, u dont hav to hav one for a few years yet!"

awww :hug:

Dont worry hun, sometimes it can make you bleed a little, I did on my last smear and like you had never had that happen before in my previous ones

xx

trixipaws said:
oh yes forgot to say lol millie started crying! i was like "dont worry honey its not ur turn, u dont hav to hav one for a few years yet!"

lol
xnat

When I had mine done at 8 weeks after birth the nurse said it might bleed a little :(

I bleed a little with every smear - slight cervical erosions

I suppose thinking about it - your cervix has been through a lot recently and might just be a little tender - I wouldn't worry

Ive never had a smear and have just had a appointment through - im too scared to book it - thiugh ive been through labour twice and im scared!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Ive never had a smear and have just had a appointment through - im too scared to book it - thiugh ive been through labour twice and im scared!

DO IT!!!

my mum ignored all her appointment letters and didnt have one for 10 years.
then she got so much pain and bleeding at one point that she went to the doctors and it was stage 4 cervical cancer.

not trying to scare you.... but do it, because any bad cells or whatever can just be removed before it's too late.
it only takes a couple of minutes anyway :hug:

mrs_tommo22 said:

Hun please go and have one. I had pre-cancerous cells b4 and after having Jordan, and was told I was around 2 years away from having cancer.

Kimbo said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

DO IT!!!

my mum ignored all her appointment letters and didnt have one for 10 years.
then she got so much pain and bleeding at one point that she went to the doctors and it was stage 4 cervical cancer.

not trying to scare you.... but do it, because any bad cells or whatever can just be removed before it's too late.
it only takes a couple of minutes anyway :hug:

Sound advice :) No one will tell you a smear test is a pleasant experience, but the other consequences (cancer) are 100 times worse. My mam and I always go now, since my grandmother didnt, and ended up with terminal cervical cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back