Too scared for smear :-S

I am on the phone booking it right now... good job I did this thread cos it reminded e.

:lol: @ Trixi.. yes I think that smiley would be voilent with a hand holding it! :D

Rightoo all booked 10:50 next Friday :cheer: < what a strange smiley to use for booking a smear :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I am on the phone booking it right now... good job I did this thread cos it reminded e.

:lol: @ Trixi.. yes I think that smiley would be voilent with a hand holding it! :D

Rightoo all booked 10:50 next Friday :cheer: < what a strange smiley to use for booking a smear :lol:

:lol: Glad you have it booked hun, fingers crossed we will be all clear :hug:

Gem & Leland said:
[quote="Fluffy Bunny":s9c2qqhg]
midna said:
slap given get your ass there and get checked out ..if you cant do it for yourself do it for your little boy ..no hugs for naughty girls :shakehead:

I'm 35 and have never had a smear :oops: before Evie I was just way to prudish to go. I went to the docs last week about a mole I was worried about, and I'm glad to say she gave me a really hard time about the fact that I'd never had one - she practically walked me to reception to book in for one with the nurse. I've got to say midna's words ring true for me, my motivation for getting it done is Evie, how could I explain to her if I got cervical cancer, it wasn't detected and I left her without a mum :(

My appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be going :D

35 would have been way to late for me :cry: good luck with the smear , gotta say tho , my docs wouldnt do it while i was pregnant ?[/quote:s9c2qqhg]

I kinda asked the doctor as she was walking me to reception :wink: I was like, if I was trying for another baby could I still have one? (I was a day late for my period at this point :wink: ) she kept on walking and said 'yes, no problem we'd do one up til 12weeks :D I will obviously mention it to the nurse so she doesn't poke around too hard :D

Well done SC and snuggle, come on evemarie :D

Good girls!!!!

It is soooooooooooooo important to go for your smears! Cervical cancer is one of the few that they can routinely screen for, and if you get it early enough (as some of you know) then it can be dealt with efficiently and sorted.

I thank god that Mhairi will receive the vaccination for HPV (as will all our little girls) and that medical science is doing its best to eradicate this form of cervical cancer.

Where I live there was a massive scandal a few years back, where woman were given the all clear when they shouldn't have. My mum's friend was one of those woman. She died about 5 years after the scandal broke, and spent those five years fighting a losing battle against cancer that spread through her body like wild fire.

I guess in a way I feel lucky to live where I do, as the rules and procedures were changed and are now so strict that I know that if I get the all clear you can pretty much guarentee that it is correct.

To all of you who have never had a smear........

You should start getting a smear when you become sexually active. Unfortunately, this is information is not given to many woman. One of my good friends at school was not given this advice, and, at the age of 19, had to have a hystorectomy, two vertebre removed and part of her stomach removed too......all because of undetected cevical cancer brought on by HPV.

My GP has a fantastic way of getting young woman to go for their three yearly smears. If you haven't had a smear in three years, and you ask for a repeat script for your pill, you don't get it until you've booked your smear. You will then be given a script for one months supply of the pill. If you haven't kept your appointment, you don't get another pill script................works everytime!

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Evemarie - have you booked yours! :hug:

Noy yet :oops: But I am at work all day today so it will be my task to get it done!

Sweetcheeks - nice one for starting this thread!!

Ive been avoiding having a smear for...ooh, about 8 years?? :oops: :oops: :oops: I dont even know why really... but reading all of the posts on here made me jump up and go and book one! Im going in on wednesday afternoon :dance:

and hugs to everyone who has had a loved one with cancer of has had anything like that themselves :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Its so improtant we get tested :( . I was looking at Izzie while i was on the phone thinking why the fuck didnt i book this sooner?!?!

And to anyone else whose overdue for a test ...BOOK YOUR TEST!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww i'm so pleased I have reminded a few of you guys to go and book. Your right sazzylou, it's so important. And we have no excuse of feeling embarrassed.. we've all given birth before so no excuses :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
aww i'm so pleased I have reminded a few of you guys to go and book. Your right sazzylou, it's so important. And we have no excuse of feeling embarrassed.. we've all given birth before so no excuses :lol:

Lol, i said that to my GP when he was having a go at me for not having one for so long. He said "is it that youre embarrassed?", and i was like er, no,... a load of people saw my downstairs 'area', my hubby was there when i was naked with my arse sticking up in the air (i gave birth on all fours), and i honestly feel like the world and his wife have seen my boobs from all the breastfeeding classes, and i had to have a manuel placenta removal so about 6 people in theatre also saw me naked frm the waist down with a mans arm up there :puke: :puke: :puke: so no....i dont feel shame anymore, lol. I have no dignity left! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hehe there are a few of us going for a smear next weds.

Soemone mentioed the new HPV vaccination - there is a programme on that soon I think. :?

I don't know too much about the vaccination, I think I remember it being on a programme not so long back cos I think they will be getting it as children and some people disagree with it because of that. Anything that helps reduce a persons risk of cancer is a good thing in my eyes :)

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I don't know too much about the vaccination, I think I remember it being on a programme not so long back cos I think they will be getting it as children and some people disagree with it because of that. Anything that helps reduce a persons risk of cancer is a good thing in my eyes :)
all i know is that its for girls aged between 12-13 and starts in sept. so a while before i have to think about it :)

Babe! I have had shed loads of probs down under too. I was CIN 3, the most severe. I've had every treatment under the sun and I'm all clear now but I dread going for my smear tests. I hate having them done because they hurt me, my cervix is very tender because of the laser treatments and god knows what else I've had done to it, and also becuase I dread the results but we know we have to be brave and face it!

You're not the only one. I hate it too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back