Too scared for smear :-S

Krystal

Reaction score
And it's not how you think. Actually having a smear does not bother me in the slightest. Ok it's not the nicest of things but I don't get embarrassed or anything.

3 years ago I had an abnormal smear. CIN II. I had to have a colposcopy and have the abnormal cells cut away :puke:

I had regular checkups thereafter and the last time I had a smear is over a year ago during pregnancy due to bleeding. I was due one in January. I was fine about it but just one of those things and kept forgetting to book it. Suddenly it's July and now I find myself too worried to book it.

The thing is my Great Grandma died of cancer of the womb, my Nan had ovarian cancer luckily she survived. My Mam had cancer and although on her death certificate it showed as Lung cancer they know the cancer came from somewhere else but it was too late to find out where as it had spread everywhere but she had problems with her periods for a while before hand so I kinda think it was to do with the same kind of thing.

Gah I know all of that family history means I should defo get checked out but i just keep freezing up thinking about it. :|

I'm so not impressed with myself. I always tell others how important these smear tests are and find people silly who are too embarrassed to go and here I am, too scared in case there is something up.

Arghhh slap me please :?

If you delay it and they do find something then it might be too late to help you. Sorry if sound a bit harsh but you asked for a slap :D .

i will slap you :twisted:
my mum had abnormal cells and was so scared she never went back... for 10 years
she developed stage 4 cervical cancer and still has check ups now and has permanent radiotherapy damage.
dont do thhe same!

Hazel your right.

OMG Kim, I didn't know that. :( Right I promise right now, first thing in the morning I will call and book myself in :hug:

im slapping u big and hard !

i has cin3 , cells removed 2 years ago followed by an acute infecton and 3 days in hospital on a iv ! i had the all clear the nov 2006 but of cause was just pregnant when i was ment to have one in june 07 and still pregnant by nov 07 lol so have just has my next smear and awaiting esults , yes im scared that maybe theyve come back but id be more scred if i left it and got cancer and where would that leave my lil boy ??, i was told i was under 4 years from having cancer , which make me fuming when some nhs now dont do smears till what 25 ? well id have only been like a year or so away by then !

so stop whinging and go book it :hug: ( harsh approach to be cruel to be kind )

now i give u hugs for everyone you've lost :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i lost my nanna too , they only found the cancer after she has a stroke ,she only lived 6 weeks :cry: but least she didnt suffer long

I have had a couple of colposcopys now and am overdue for a smear too. I will book mine tomorrow if you promise to book yours? :hug:

Thanks for the hugs Gem :hug:

I think it's wrong you have to wait until your 25 for a smear too. When I had mine I was 22 and that was CIN II, I only had the smear cos (TMI) I had lots of discharge and was worried I had an infection and they did some tests + a smear. I always wonder what would have happened had I waited until I was 25 :?

Bloody hell just answered my own post then haven't I. Ignore me. I am gonna book tomorrow no matter what! :shakehead: < to myself :lol:

Snuggle hun it's a deal! I will check with you in the morning!! You better have booked :hug:

midna said:
slap given get your ass there and get checked out ..if you cant do it for yourself do it for your little boy ..no hugs for naughty girls :shakehead:

I thought that said slap given to your ass.. got me all excited :lol: :lol:

You've got me all worried now!

I've never had or been offered a smear? Can you just request one? :?

BOOK IT!!!!! I know your scared hun but its best to just go and get it over and done with
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lola's mummy - I asked for one ages ago when I was 21 as I thought that was when you got one but it had changed and it was now 25. I only got one due to excessive discharge and thought I possibly had an infection so did it then.

Maybe call your docs to ask? Try not to let it worry you though :hug:

Thanks Laura I defo will, typing this post and reading it back made me realise how silly I was being :hug:

midna said:
slap given get your ass there and get checked out ..if you cant do it for yourself do it for your little boy ..no hugs for naughty girls :shakehead:

I'm 35 and have never had a smear :oops: before Evie I was just way to prudish to go. I went to the docs last week about a mole I was worried about, and I'm glad to say she gave me a really hard time about the fact that I'd never had one - she practically walked me to reception to book in for one with the nurse. I've got to say midna's words ring true for me, my motivation for getting it done is Evie, how could I explain to her if I got cervical cancer, it wasn't detected and I left her without a mum :(

My appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be going :D

I can kind of empathise. My mum died from ovarian cancer and every scan I have had I was so scared they would find something there. But I want to see my girls grow up, and to do that I have to give myself a fighting chance. :hug:

Fluffy Bunny said:
midna said:

I'm 35 and have never had a smear :oops: before Evie I was just way to prudish to go. I went to the docs last week about a mole I was worried about, and I'm glad to say she gave me a really hard time about the fact that I'd never had one - she practically walked me to reception to book in for one with the nurse. I've got to say midna's words ring true for me, my motivation for getting it done is Evie, how could I explain to her if I got cervical cancer, it wasn't detected and I left her without a mum :(

My appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be going :D

35 would have been way to late for me :cry: good luck with the smear , gotta say tho , my docs wouldnt do it while i was pregnant ?

I had mine done when I was pregnant but I think that was cos I had bleeding and my previous abnormal cos they did mention they don't normally do it.

my last one was when I was pregnant but I didn't know I was pregnant yet...

Sweetcheeks - get that appointment made!! You know you have to. And think how relieved you will feel after it's all over.
:hug: :hug:

Well done Sweetcheeks :clap: , now you have me jumping on the Smear bandwagon too! I had the letter when I was pregnant with Clark and I had forgotten all about it until now but I have just added it to my to do list for tomorrow! You might save us all yet!!!

Sweetcheeks, mine is now booked for next Wednesday, thank you for starting this thread and reminding me :hug: :hug: :hug:

hun u kno u gotta go take precautions for ur little boy come on now be brave! theres no slapping face smiley and i think possibly this one :wall: (imagine another smiley holding back of its head!) is a bit too violent! but consider urself slapped. go get urself an appointment. NOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back