smear test

nikkix86

Reaction score
I'm on my third cycle and went for a smear test which came back abnormal. I'm going for a colposcopy on 11th July and AF is due 15th July. can this harm my pregnancy if I go for this and could this stop me from getting pregnant? cervical cancer runs in my family so I'm panicking about the test

I don't know the answer to this but your life is more important right now. If there's no you there will be no baby anyway so please get it done xxx

Hi love, try not to worry. I've had abnormal results, colposcopy and then then cone biopsy under general anaesthetic to remove and test the cells.

You might want to think about putting TTC plans on hold until you know what the score is. If you did need treatment, they say you should wait 12 months before TTC again.

I had the procedure in 2011 and fell pregnant in 2013. It meant I had consultant led care and they had to do more scans to check the competence of my cervix but there were no problems.

I realise this will be of little comfort to you if you have plans to get pregnant soon but it really is important that you look after yourself first.

Thanks for your replies. I'm not sure if I'm already pregnant or wether I am going through an ectopic as I'm in a lot of pain and my doctor sent me for a blood test this morning

Thanks for your replies. I'm not sure if I'm already pregnant or wether I am going through an ectopic as I'm in a lot of pain and my doctor sent me for a blood test this morning

Could the pain be related to test results? I guess once your blood work is back you'll have a better idea

All the doctor did was feel my tummy and listened in. He asked about my periods and I told him my last period was only 2 days long and then a day of spotting and think he automatically assumed I might be pregnant but I did a test a week or so ago and it came out negative. If the bloods come back negative ill go back x

Hi

I had a colposcopy and biopsy whilst ttc first time round. Everything was fine I just made sure I tested the morning of both. I got my sticky bfp a couple of cycles after the biopsy xx

Same with me I had CIN3 and had to have a colposcopy and biopsy. I had a lovely pregnancy with my son, he's two now. But I'm sure they asked if I was trying around the time which I wasn't and said if I were to just put on hold until get the results. You'll know if you are from the blood tests.
Good luck it doesn't hurt and hope your results are good and you can carry on TTC. XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back