SMA gold to Aptimal

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

I have been FF Jackson SMA gold since birth - hes now three weeks and since birth hes suffered with bad wind. I have tried Detinox and coleif - not infacol in case of constipation.

He gets winded well but I notice as soon as he's finished his bottle sometimes during I will hear his wee tummy go and he's wriggling like mad and no amount of winding will help.

Mentioned it to MW but of course they dont advise changing him milks but I don't think the SMA gold is good on his tummy, some times he will cry in pain.

Has anyone ever experienced this with their LO and if so which milk did you change to? My aunt had the same problem with her youngest and she changed him to aptimal and it seemed to have helped.

Thanks girls xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya

I bf my little girl for the first 4 weeks and then switched to formula before I lost my marbles! She'd had a couple of the little Aptamils whilst I was bf as I'd got the starter pack just in case.

When we decided to switch to formula we therefore stuck with Aptamil. She seems to like it. She does however suffer really badly with wind. She's been better since we started using colief. Tried infacol first but she was really struggling to poo! Now she goes a couple of times a day usually.

We decided to try her on Aptamil hungry baby milk one night last week...... Bad mistake! She was awake most of the night writhing in pain poor little lamb! So, back to Aptamil 1 and we'll stick with that!

I do wonder whether she'd be less windy on a different brand but also worry that by changing shed suffer more and her wind get worse! If we were to change, it would prob be to hipp organic as I've seen a lot of good things written about it.

I guess tho every baby is different and every baby will react differently to formulas.

Its so hard to know what to do for best isn't it! X x

Use cow and gate here cos my BM is drying up (I have to express cos she can't latch) on Infacol atm and it's helped some but still get's lots of wind and wriggles and screams in pain quite a bit.

Tried Aptimil but she hates the taste and still had wind with it :(

Hey love. Cant recommend hipp organic enough. Ive a windy baby and since starting her on hipp shes had no infacol and no gripe. This is a massive step forward for us. Its also been amazing for her reflux. Did u get my text the other day? Got my new phone and the shop were able to restore my numbers from my blackberry. Let me know if u get it.

We have been on every brand of milk. Nothing has hellped like hipp. Xxx

tapatalking

We started on SMA gold and switched to cow&gate, he's 6 months now and still on cow&gate stage 1 xxx

I would try Infacol before changing your LO milk it worked wonders for my daughter and didn't cause any constipation x

I posted in another section, I think it's reflux now it's pointing more towards that. We are going to the doctors tomorrow xxxx

Just saw this, SMA gold has a bad reputation for giving LOs problems. It caused Lyla to have really bad constipation and when I googled constipation in babies nearly every post was complaining about SMA gold. I switched to aptamil which didn't help and now were trying Hipp Organic. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back