slings/carriers/rucksacks

i.love

Reaction score
There are so many types! I'm rather confused! Have you bought a sling/carrier/rucksack for your baby? How did you choose one?

I would quite like something that just looks like a big scarf that you wrap around yourself... But maybe hammock-type slings are better? Or carriers? :roll:

Need some advice! :roll:

There is quite a lot of threads in the alternative parenting section about various slings, maybe have a browse through there?

Hey, I have bought a kari me, its just one piece of material you tie round you into various ways in order to change carrying positions as baby grows etc. I chose it because several members of my family have them and swear by them but its a matter of personal choice really as with everything 'baby's there are lovers and hatred. You could have a read through the alternative parenting section which has posts on 'wearing' your baby and different slings etc. I love mine, its so comfy just feels soft like a t shirt no buckles or anything to catch on anything and I got it in peacock which is also my fab colour :eek:), yet to try it on a baby tho lol

Hey,

I read the threads on the alternative parenting page about baby wearing to try and get a bit more informed, but then ended up following my gut anyway. Might be worth having a look on there...

I had my heart set on a moby wrap, then I went off them and bought a mei tai!

I got this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEI-TAI-B...by_Carriers&hash=item3f0e3b06b6#ht_2952wt_956 and I absolutely love it! Can't wait to use it with LO, I've been practising even with my massive bump! The one I got is reversible so I could wear the spots and OH could wear the black but he's not keen on tying it in a bow! So he's going to get more of a manly one like a Baby Bjorn or something similar... Men!

xx

thanks girls for you replies, sorry I wasn't answering - I had a few manic days!

will look at all the links now xx

Moby wraps just can't be beaten for newborns. So so supportive and really easy to get on. I had a c section and I think I would have found the mei tai a little sore to put on with trying to tie it up and support my LO at the same time.

AugustMum, I thought for new borns you can only use slings/carriers that support the head?... Would Moby Wrap be suitable?

ft90, this sling is gorgeous! I'm very tempted :)

Moby wraps support the head more than a mei tai. You can tuck their head into the side onto your chest so they are completly contained and so close to you.

Some people find that with a mei tai because they are open at the sides they can sometimes feel like such a tiny baby isn't completly safe (even though they totally are). Dont get my wrong, I have a connecta and used a mei tai as well but for the first few months I have yet to find a better wrap than a moby :) (sorry if Im coming across as bossy! lol)

I went for the baba sling i love. lot's of funky colours.. It was by one get one free :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back