Slightly confused!

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Hey ladies.....wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.....as Ive not had any AF for over 10 years and havent a clue anymore with keeping track of cycles etc etc!

Ok so......

Jan....had WB after coil removal from 14th till 17th so that was 3 days!
Didnt have any real idea of when I would ovulate so winged it BD'ed as much as poss but got BFN!

Feb....AF arrived on 9th till 14th so that was 6 days!
Ticker predicted I Ovulated on 21st Feb....OPK showed faint pos from 18th then dark pos on 22nd! BD'ed from 15th till 23....got another BFN!

March....AF arrived on 5th with spotting (poss EPL after 2 x pos HPT) and then very heavy and clotted on 8th till 12th so including first day of any bleeding being the 5th....that was 8 days!
Ticker predicted Ovulation on 19th....got faint pos from 17th dark pos on 20th and 21st.....BD'ed from 15th till 21st....was going to test on Thursday 1st???

Also stuipidly been thinking that when the OPK shows really dark after its been light for few days prior that thats my OV day.....so weve pretty much not BD'ed after that! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr how blonde!

So Jan WB to Feb AF was 27 days!
Feb to March AF was 25 days
And according to ticker Im due next AF on 2nd.....which would be 29 days!!

Ticker has been pretty much right only out by one day on most things....

So as I was unsure about the diffeent cycle lengths, I just put the dates of my last AF etc etc into the ticker and it says I would be due AF today??

If I just go by my dates.....when would I be due next AF as Im totally lost now and have just been using OPK and ticker as guide but also made sure we BD over the important dates according to OPK's!

Grrrrr.....Im having a moment im lost with my dates and Ive been so calm all month now Im starting to flap again!!

Thanks in advance.....xxx

Hi Wilma

Im not an expert on cycles or ov hun but didnt want to read and run.

I know how confusing it can be when your cycles start to get back to normal. I came off the depo injection last may and had 2 AFs every month until October and i have only just realised that i am ov 4 days later than I thought.

Sooo confusing!!

Sorry i couldnt b more help. Hope you get some answers!

Thanks Chelly......YES isnt it all a bit confusing!

Im convinced weve been BD on all the wrong days lol! Grrrrr just hope one of them little swimmers made it or hung around for a few days.....aaarrrrggghhhhhh ....... hope someone can advise lol xxxx

Hi Wilma,

I used to have absolutely no idea when AF was due... until I started to take notice of when I Ov.

Since charting, my Ov day has varied wildy, but AF always shows exactly 14-15 days later.
I've since read that this is fairly common, ie the luteal phase (post-Ov phase) of your cycle stays pretty constant even if your cycle length seems to be all over the place.

So the tickers aren't any use to me, as they always base things on the 1st day of your last AF.

Hope that helps! :) Xx

I'm the same as my last four cyclyes have all been different. So this month I'm basing it on 14 days from when I ovulated (using OPK's). If only it was an exact science :eh:

firstly sperm swims to the egg which can take a few days so bding early is not a prob hun the egg gets realeased and the sperm is there to meet it ready:) if you get af this month then mark on your calendar and then count the 28days and mark when next one due so you know your dates it should give you a good idea when ov occuring as well best of luck xxxx

Thanks Bead, Sk and SL.....thats an easier way to do it....Im hoping one of thos little blighters have hung around long enough for egg to reach it and they have also done the horizontal mumbo and hopfully a BFP is just around the corner!!!

Thanks ladies....xxxx

I hate having to work out when I OV and going by my other thread I have possibly been getting it all wrong!! I have a regular cycle of 27/28 days (until this month when it was 35 for some reason) so thought the ticker would be pretty spot on but who knows?!? I guess everyone is different and at least if you start marking your AF's then you could try and hopefully get a better idea of it...Good luck hun!
xxxx

Wow...menstruation blows my mind. How do you women keep on top of it all?!

Didn't you do temping this month Wilma? Did that not help with identifying OV?

Thanks jarjar.....im beginning to think Ive had it all wrong too lol!!
Yup BW....its hell!! lol

Hey SPC I gave up as I felt like all I was doing was temping, charting, testing, stressing and SSpotting lol so I thought stuff it all for this month....and just chill out a bit!

Had few sharp twinges mainly one sided, sore boobs (I cant ignore those symptoms lol) but otherwise try not to read into anything.....Im just confused if AF is due today or thurs/fri....just have to wait and see I suppose.......but Im still not even tempted to test atm!!! xxx

I have no idea as never tried those ovulation tests, but do aggree on the period should arrive 14 days after ovulation, this part of the process is predefined if egg not being fertilized and then it can't take much longer to get out than the std 14 days.

So is ovulation when the OPK line turns really dark then?
I really hope some little swimmers have hung about for you Wilma x

Thanks JJmum......well Im not sure tbh about OPK.....I thought that as soon as something showed up on the strips that was indicating that OV was going to take place in 24/36 hours....and then when I get a really much darker line within 24/36 hours later that I was then ovulating??? Someone correct me if Im wrong please as I think there are a few of us slightly confused about when we actually ovulate.....!!
Well according to ticker atm i am due af on friday....then when I just tried putting all details of last months cycle in ticker it said AF due today....so all I can do is wait I suppose.....xxxx

Hi Wilma / JJMum,
The really dark line on OPKs indicate the Ov will happen 12-36 hours later. (By the time you ov, the lines will most likely be quite faint again.)

Best of luck for this month! Xx

Hi Wilma,

Last month I started using the OPK's around CD6 and had no line until CD10 and then every day it got darker until it was darker than the control line on CD14 & 15 and then no line on CD16. From this I assumed that I ovulated on CD16 and then the witch arrived 12 days later :wall2:. Same again this month my lines are getting darker as this week goes on and will assume that AF will arrive 2 weeks and a day after I get the last positive OPK.

This month I'm trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan so am hoping that will work :oooo:

Hope this rambling makes sense :)

Thanks Bead and SK......I wilsh they were like a HMP if nothing shows its not there yet...although we cant even rely on them at times lol!!! Well Im due to test today......ticker slightly mixed up and with dates of last two months Im apparently 2days late!! So will wait and see!!! xxx

Good luck hope you get your BFP!!! let us all know. x

Reaaly hope you get your BFP this month Wilma x

Hey ladies....just updated my other thread 'please can someone advise''....see what yous think.....is this a positive?

Thanks ladies.....well Ive tested and this is what showed up.....Im scared to get too excited as of what happened last month but I have a feeling its a BFP!!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back