Sleeping?

Crimson92

Reaction score
When do you laddies stop sleeping on your bump? I know I shouldn't be but there has been a couple of times (I don't really have a huge bump) where I have roled over and been really comfy, just wondering if this is something I really shouldn't do :whistle:? I can't find it in any of my books about this

thankss :) xx

It's not advised but when your pregnant you are expected to be kept in a padded cell wrapped in cotton wool xx

I sort of sleep half on my side and half on my front I can't help it I naturally move to that position In my sleep cos I have always slept on my front, just now my bump stops me being fully on my front??

yehh I think I sleep on my stomach when im actually sleeping, I don't mean it, but its soooo comfy :( x

I wish I could sleep on my front but even on my back is hell now enjoy it while u can! I do sleep on my side and slightly on my front I say go with what is comfy u will be uncomfy if it is no good for u in my opinion.

im going to show my wife this thread. i have been going on about this ages. for years she has always liked laying on the bed watching tv on her belly. i asked her to stop when we found out she was pregnant but she still done it cos she wanted to be able to do it for as long as possible. now she is 16 weeks and showing she still sometimes lays on her belly becasue her back hurts. i get so anoyed about it. is the comfort really worth the safety of your child.

she is getting better tho. aint seen her do it in a while thank god.
wake up in the night and she is doing it then she gets rolled over, lol. she hates it but never mind. gotta do what i gotta do. lol.

IM GONNA BE A DADDY!!!

i know, your wife probably feels terrible doing it, i know i do! just habitt really, and sometimes you dont think, OH said i done it in my sleep again last night :( xx

I havent slept on my belly since I found out I was pregnant. I wouldnt want to try it because if after a few nights I then lost it I would have felt awful thinking of myself rather than the baby. If that makes sense?
xx

I lie on my sides and slightly on my front I've started to sleep with my leg on a pillow which means I feel like I'm lying on my front but my belly is lifted up so there's no pressure on it. But I'm
Not sleeping great at the moment. I think it's because the kids have the gcse exam this week. Roll on Thursday when it'll be over and I can start to wind down at work.

Im not sleeping well at all as I always sleep on my front but since getting my BFP I have been very aware of not sleeping on my front. Obviously now that there is a substantial bump its not possible but I do sleep on my side with pillows between my knees as the pain of sleeping and alternating sides is horrible! Worth it tho xxx

I have only done thisj a few times,but didn't much before, I do do it in the bath, but no weight is on the tum then, so a bit like swimming. Just feels nice to actually have you bump under water , as the right way up this doesn't really happen, and also after sections I will take over a year or 2 to be able to have that same ability to lie like that as it will all be tight again, and sok I'm making the most of it

I have read that you will become uncomfortable and move long before you do any damage to the baby.

Sleeping on ur tummy won't harm the baby in early stages.
By the time it could cause damage u won't be able to even roll on ur bump cos it hurts.
I'm a stomach sleeper but no chance of that anymore.
I've now found myself waking up on my back :|

I havent done it in a few days, so been a good girl, but now I can't even sleep for to get the chance to sleep on my tummy :| x

I had an update email from one of the many pregnancy things i'm signed up to :) and it said I should avoid sleeping on my front now (17weeks) & to try sleeping on my left side to increase blood flow to the uterus. I was always a tummy sleeper before & found it very hard with my other 2 children to switch to side sleeping, so I started sleeping on my side very early on & actually prefer my left side.

Trick is to use lots of cushions/pillows under bump & between legs to prevent u rolling onto the bump & makes it confortable too.

Last edited:
I had an update email from one of the many pregnancy things i'm signed up to :) and it said I should avoid sleeping on my front now (17weeks) & to try sleeping on my left side to increase blood flow to the uterus. I was always a tummy sleeper before & found it very hard with my other 2 children to switch to side sleeping, so I started sleeping on my side very early on & actually prefer my left side.

Trick is to use lots of cushions/pillows under bump & between legs to prevent u rolling onto the bump & makes it confortable too.

I can't sleep on my side it's too painful. Ur so lucky. I sleep propted up

Spoke to the physio about this she said that if you end up on your front or back its fine for short periods of time, however if you are expecting multiples or have baby is slightly smaller then you need to make sure that the blood flow is at it's highest all the time, also if you feel faint or sick don't do it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back