cramp pain at night

abbiesmummy

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience cramp at night? I find when I turn over in my sleep I get cramp pains around my bump on the side I have been sleeping which wakes me up. Is this normal? Can't remember it happening last time and forgot to ask MW?

hey at night time i geet cramps too but its in my thighs. and i have to keep on turning onto my other side but then it hurts on the other thigh ( just cant win can i) i asked my mw about it and she said that its okay. but if your still feeling weird about your cramp talk to your mw about it. good luck
xnatx

i went through a phase of having cramps. mw suggested i have tonic water (not the slimline stuff) due to the quinnine it contains. i never did try it but my cramps subsided anyway. hope that helps :hug:

The last few nights I've been in a half sleep and stretched my legs out and felt like I pulled muscles in my calf muscles. Feels like cramp in my right leg just now - it's been sore all day :cry:

I got this last night too. The pain was slightly above my bump & felt like I really needed tgo to the loo, but the pain went away again as soon as I got up & walked around - weird!

I'm going to see my midwife today so will mention it to her as well & see what she says.

Obviously I’ve never experienced it but could it be to do with your Sciatic nerve? Apparently the pregnancy puts strain on the nerve; this can cause cramp like pains in your back and tummy region, it’s nothing bad but unfortunately something us ladies will experience at one time or another.

Just a thought.

I got it in my calf muscles with my first pregnanyc, always at night, I recall my midwife saying this was quite normal but i'm not sure about in the tummy area
xxx

Cramp pains have disapeared around tummy think it was growing pains. Just getting it in the legs now! I'm waking up and jumping out of bed hopping around. Remember this part clearly from last time.

I get cramp in one calves EVERY night its horrilbe it tends to shift from one leg to the other on alternative nights not sure how that works but which ever leg had the cramp feels really tight the next day. I am definitely gonna drink some tonic water to try and relieve it. Apparently its normal!!!

abbiesmummy said:
Cramp pains have disapeared around tummy think it was growing pains. Just getting it in the legs now! I'm waking up and jumping out of bed hopping around. Remember this part clearly from last time.

Yeah its awful isn't it?! I hated that, hope I don't get it this time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back