• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping through

kentgall8484

Reaction score
So a friends little boy who is ten days old is sleeping through the night already. Surely this isn't good and he needs to be fed to help him grow? Leo is 4 weeks tomorrow and I won't let him go anymore than 4 hours for a feed. Am I the only one who has a problem with this? X

It depends on what you class as sleeping through. When G was newborn MW said no more than 5hrs in day, 6 at night. Now some people would class say 11pm -6pm as sleeping through, which is only just over the 6hrs.

Also every baby is different, and unless there's a particular concern most folk I know wouldn't wake a sleeping baby, if they are hungry they will wake for it. Sometimes waking them for a feed when they're not ready just tells them they should eat at this time.
Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Some are just lucky, were on night 2 of going 6 hrs n she's only 6 wks old x

My lo has slept thru since around 2 weeks. From 10-30 11ish till around 8 or whenever the boys get up and wake her up, if she does wake up it,s only once. She is bf and is gaining plenty of weight. As long as they are putting on weight they will be fine.xx

I worry a lot about small babies that sleep through, mine did and he didnt put on any weight for ages. In hospital they said that hunger doesnt wake babies so you need to wake them up if they go over a certain amount!!
All babies are different, H always slept well as a newborn now is a nightmare wereas one of my friends baby didnt sleep at all at night for the first 12 weeks then started to sleep 12 hours and still does!!
xxxx

It depends on his weight gain. I slept through from the first night I was home from hospital, my sister screamed her head off for a year. Every baby is different xxxxxx

I do wish Leo would sleep better no more than 4 hours if I'm lucky at night. Personally I wouldn't like my baby sleeping though and it was from 7 to 7! X

Ruby still does not sleep through the night xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back