sleeping through night

rach

Reaction score
hi just wondered at what age everyones baby started sleeping through christopher slept from 11 last night till 7 this morning frightened me half to death when i woke up before him this morning i was sure something was wrong jumped out of bed and grabbed him out of crib and frightened him too :( hes not quite 5 weeks yet and i thought this was way too long to go without food at such a young age he is taking about 5 ounces 3-4 hourly now through the day but still surely he shouldnt sleep that long yet
any advice would be appreciated should i maybe talk to HV she is due today???????
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thea has slept from 8 until 7am most nights since she was just over 4 weeks old.

It scared me to start with too Rach, then i just felt grateful lol

Louie did this a few times, once at 4 weeks, then a few times at 5 weeks, by the time he was 7 weeks he was going through the night 5 nights out of 7 :cheer: :cheer: .
this is probably the same thing with Christopher...yay!!!!
good luck.xxxxx

Rowan did this at 3 days of age and in fact we actually had trouble waking him he was so deep under, scared us silly but he's never done that again since but he was pretty much sleeping through by the time he was 5-6 weeks and has continued to do it since.

Lennon started sleeping through from 6 weeks and that was 11PM until about 9-10AM

thanks everyone good to see its quite normal :D had a word with HV when she came to weigh him and as hes put on 10 ounces this week she said he is obviously feeding enough in the day and if he wants to sleep through let him :cheer: yay yay yay maybe i can start dreaming of a full nights sleep :D xxxxxxx

rach i am very jealous!! thats great news. :clap: :clap:

luke still up regularly and im wandering if i'm ever going to get a good night sleep again!! :wall:

DD slept through from 11 days. Ethan, ummmm not yet zzzzzzzzz :sleep:

:shock: :shock: Omg you guys are so lucky, my baby wakes every two or 1 and a half hours! Just some questions tho, how often do they feed (these miracle babies! lol) during the day, more than normal so they are satisfied during the night? and are breastfed babies more likely to wake up?

ella used to sleep thru 10-10 from 2 weeks buts its gone backwadrs were up 2-6 times a night :(

enjoy it hunny!! it cud change in an instant

willow is 6 weeks and she slept right through last night 9:30 til 5. i hope this becomes more regluar and not just a one off.

Abigail started sleeping through at 3 months as she had really bad colic, tia and jordan started sleeping through at 6 weeks, but i think hayden wont sleep through at 6 weeks as he is always hungry (he did sleep for 8 hours the other night tho so i could be wrong)

Ruby woke after her 11pm dream feed once at 3am-4am until she was 7 weeks old. She was feeding 5oz every 3-4 hours too....then she suddenly started taking less milk-roughly 3-4oz every 2 hours and in return started sleeping through the night!! :shock: Its settled down now but she does prefer little and often feeds, she goes down after 6.15pm bath and bottle, we dream feed her at 11pm, and she sleeps until 6am-7am.

Had a few glitches, maybe the odd night at around 10 weeks where she woke for feed again, but has slept through every night from around 12 weeks

Good luck, hope it continues and you get full nights sleeps!!! :cheer: :hug: xxx

Hi

wow you girls are lucky Kiara didnt sleep through without waking for a feed till she was a year old
Katrina

Ellie started sleeping through from 7:30 - 7:30 with a dream feed at 11:30 at just under 8weeks. Reena, I asked a similar question and it seems to make no difference whether they breastfed or bottle fed. Ellie was sleeping through for 12hours at the 4month mark but by 6months (and she still is now), she has been waking at least once a night for a feed. I am sure she is hungry as she normally completely drains one breast, and then has a good drink off the other breast, which more than she drinks at any given feed during the day.

*saulino* said:
Hi

wow you girls are lucky Kiara didnt sleep through without waking for a feed till she was a year old
Katrina

katrina you give me no hope!! :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back