sleeping through

pixie17

Reaction score
My 9 week old son has just started sleeping through the night. He normally sleeps from 8/9pm to 6am. The first few nights he did this i woke him up about 4am to feed him as i was worried about him going too long without food. However, the last couple of nights i have let him sleep through to see how he is. He is formula fed. He has a good feed before he goes to sleep and a good feed when he wakes up. He actually seems more settled during the day as previously he struggled with trapped wind. My instinct is telling me its ok, as he seems happier. I just wondered what opinions you may have on this?

My eldest was about the same age and I was very much if he needs to eat he will wake up. I always demand feed tho and lo has always gained weight fine etc.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Wow 9 weeks and sleeping through, lucky u! I think formular babies do sleep through earlier than bf ones. Mine were bf so didnt sleep till bout 15 weeks ! Mind u they are now 5 and 2 years old and we still get at least 3 nites a week where 1 of them wakes!! :wall2: So enjoy ur full nites sleep while u can !! xx :)

The first night my l/o slept through was just over 7 weeks, but properly started sleeping through at 11 weeks. I never woke him to feed him, if he's hungry he wakes up so I leave it to him to decide. It's worked well and now he sleeps 12 hours most nights :yay:

my first little girl slept through from between 4 and 6 weeks ... my 2nd has only just started sleeping through now the last few nights at 11 months!!!! They are both formula fed...

what a good little boy to be going through already.. i'm sure they say not to wake them to feed them don't they.. if he's happy then lie back and enjoy some nice long snoozes at night!!! Did u keep waking up to go check on him when he first slept through?... or wake up in shock the next morning thinking "why didn't he wake up!!!!!" lol! - i know i would did with my little girl when she was so young and sleeping through!!!!

well done he's obviously a very settled little man x x x

My LO has the same pattern as yours by the sounds of it and she was sleeping through at around the similar age shes a happy baby so why change it? X

Angel started sleeping through from a young age too. She usually goes down for the night between 6-7 and won't want a feed again till 5-6am. This really worried me that she was going nearly 12 hours without a feed and I used to wake her to. My HV has assured me this is fine and like the other ladies said they'll definitely wake if they want feeding. If Angels going through a growth spurt she'll feed during the night again but usually she'll sleep all the way through x

I don't know where I'm going wrong then. Noah is 3 months old now and has never slept through :( he wakes up averagely every 3 hours (4 if I'm lucky) :(

thanks ladies. i think establishing a bedtime routine fromwhen he was a week old helped. at 6.30pm its naked dance (kicking around without his clothes on - he loves it!), bath, bottle, bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back