He is still not sleeping through :-(

berit87

Reaction score
I am getting really fed up and worried at the same time. Brandon is now 15 months old and he still does not sleep through the night. We have tried everything, a bath before bedtime with all the bedtime potions and lotions, put him to sleep with a bottle and without a bottle. To be honest it did seem to work at first. We moved his last meal to 6pm and stopped giving him a bottle in bed and he slept through 4 nights in a row and then just went back to normal. When it's a good night he wakes up 2-3 times, bad nights up to 6 times. He wakes up crying so I have to go to him, put the dummy back in and he will fall asleep again. Surely he is old enough to sleep through now. And no matter what time we put him to bed, he is still up at 6-6.30, surprises me how he doesn't seem to be tired after waking up so many times etc. He has one nap a day. I am desperate and I don't know what else to do :roll: x

Oh I feel for you, Rosie has woken up the last three nights in a row and Ive just gone in the spare room with her so we call get some sleep; I think her teeth are hurting her though at the moment. I find that when she has had a really active day she sleeps much better, does your LO get much activity at nursery? I hope he goes through the night for you very soon, I know how tiring it is especially when you've got that new pregnant fuggy tiredness!

Have you thought about him not having the dummy? I found when I took my LO's dummy away she slept looooads better. Yes you have to go through the whole taking it off them but I dont think she could get into a deep sleep when she was sucking and as soon as is dropped, she woke. Might be worth a try :)

That's what I normally end up doing, he keeps waking up and I am just so exhausted I end up sleeping in his room just so he would sleep and my partner would get rest before going to work. It doesn't seem to make a difference at all - he does a lot at nursery and I can tell that he is tired after spending the day there but the night is still the same as it is when he is at home with me. I really don't understand, I am sooooooo exhausted. Don't know what I'm gonna do if I do actually turn out to be properly pregnant. Well, get a proper response from a test :lol:

Oh gosh, taking the dummy away? The thought of that scared the crap out of me :lol:

It's not so bad. Well it's a thought. I found my 2 both slept better after they gave it up :)

Thank god I am at work tomorrow and will be home at half 11 at night so my partner can try and take the dummy away the first night :lol:

I was going to suggest that too. If he's waking up and looking for it and screaming until you go and give it back to him he'll be used to using it to relax himself so he'll fall asleep - might be a tough few nights but if he can learn to go back to sleep without it he might not get you up too if he does wake during the night. Good luck :hug:

it worked for my son as well he started waking after sleeping through it took about a week for him to get over the no dummy thing and he has slept soundly since.

I would also say try taking the dummy away. How long do you let him nap during the day? My son is also 15months and he used to have around 2 hours nap in the day but now i wake him up an hour after hes gone down. He now sleeps right through - i get the odd occasion where he does sometimes wakes up but he normally goes off pretty quick when i go in and see to him. xx

My 8 month old was an awesome sleeper until recently. He never had a dummy so if he woke in the night he could get himself back off to sleep easily but 3 weeks ago he was given a dummy off his granny and he is already hooked, he wakes about 3-4 times a night and won't settle unless we go in and put his dummy back in :wall:

I'm going to wean him off the dummy, starting tomorrow (eeeekk) i think this will solve the problem.

Good luck with dummyless nights chick xx

Well, we took he dummy away 2 nights ago. He has been a bit more cranky during the day, he doesn't calm down as quickly as he would have done with the dummy. BUT! Last night he only woke up once instead of 3-4 times! ANd the first time was at 5am and then he eventually woke up at quarter past 8! Result! It was only the first night so we shall see. But it does look like it has helped. He hasn't had a dummy at all. He normally sleeps around 1.5 h during the day. Thanks again for all your advice!xx

Oh God, this means Im going to have to do the same thing as you seeing as its a success..should I wait until this teething period is through though as she gets mega upset with the pain :(

Well, probably the longer you wait the harder it is to get rid of it honey but.... Who am I to say, Brandon's already too old for a dummy. It was just my own laziness! You might want to wait until the worst teething period is over and then throw it away! Brandon has never had teething pain so I was quite lucky. So was he :lol: x

Well, another night where he only woke up once at 2 am and slept through until 8 am instead of his normal 6am so :dance: Definitely worth giving it a try as you all said!x

Right thats it, i'm deffinately going for it! I'll wait till i'm on mat leave tho as the child minder gives him a dummy xx

I knew it would make a difference. My sister had a similar thing with her 2 yr old waking several times a night for milk. She wasnt hungry and he didnt have a dummy but he sucked the bottle of milk really slowly and went back to sleep - that was his dummy. They ditched the bottles and he doesnt wake up at all over night :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back