Sleeping on stomach?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I have always slept on my stomach.. Obviously in later pregnancy it will be difficult, but can it cause any harm to the baby at the early stages? (I ask in a sleepless night for fear of hurting it)

I'm not sure but I've been really restless the past week or so. I remember someone telling me you should sleep on your side during pregnancy so I'm petrified of rolling onto my back or front. Last night I kept waking myself up turning over and whenever I was on my front I got little twinges :-( Hopefully someone else who knows the answer will come along!

As far as I'm aware it's safe to sleep however you are comfortable. I sleep on my front and sides (can't cope with sleeping on my back). I personally wouldnt worry too much about how I'm sleeping as long as I'm comfortable x x x

i cant la flat already so i fold a spair duvet and kinda throw one leg over it so it kinda feels like im on my front but im not completly

Just found this never knew that

Your newly tender breasts may make it hard for you to find a comfortable sleeping position, especially if you're used to sleeping on your stomach. Your first trimester is the perfect time to start training yourself to sleep on your left side to improve the flow of blood and nutrients to your fetus and uterus and to help your kidneys get rid of waste and fluids. The sooner you get used to this position, the better you'll be able to sleep when your belly is bulging.

I slept on my stomach until I really couldn't because of size. And then I slept on my front with my knee raised to make a kind of support. And if I tried not to I'd do it in my sleep!! No harm done lol!

Although now I can't get comfy any which way :-/

Hi, im 19 weeks and still sleeping on my stomach. My bump hasnt firmed up yet and gone hard, so it isnt really uncomfortable.

I dont think in the early weeks it could cause harm

xx

Hey,
Glad someone brought this up! I was laying on my tummy the other day on the floor and when I got up I had a right tummy ache, so its put me off. Wont do it again. Sleep on both sides and occasionally on my back x

I asked my MW this when carrying Evie as I always sleep on my tummy. She said it was fine in the early weeks and once I started to feel Evie she certainly told me if she didn't like the way I was lying!

Once I got bigger I got myself a pregnancy pillow, it allows you to sleep on your left side and supports your bump, it also has a bit that you put between your knees to support your hips - I loved it :)

In the first tri I always went to sleep with good intentions, always on my left hand side but then woke up on my front every night. I've always slept on my front so was rolling over in the night! It's only lately that I've managed to stay on my side, and even that's only because I can't physically lie on my front any more. I'm sure it didn't do any harm to begin with though!

Im 23 weeks pregnant and finally finding it difficult to sleep on me belly so i have no choice but to sleep on me side now :( boo hoo. People will find it hard to actually get on there stomach soon cos i am and i dont class myself as big really x

its fine til you can no longer manage it!! i woke up at about 39weeks with both mine on my tummy, i still dont know how :lol:

I still sleep on my belly now and im nearly 21wks :) i have to lay at a weird angle but im comfy enough. x

Thanks guys :) Good to know it wont harm the baby and hopefully will mean I can keep getting decent sleep for a while! Although I am already restless >.<

:( Boo hoo so i have been having all these restless nights for no reason what so ever!! x

Lol, i'm so glad someone bought this up, i've been wondering the same thing since i found out! Lol.

I am sooo restless atm. I love sleeping on my tummy but I cant help but wonder if it would hurt bubba. I am good at sleeping on my side but I always moved onto my tummy if i couldnt sleep but i feel like i cant do that now so laying awake most of the night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back