Sleeping on Front

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting to sleep.

I usually sleep on my front but find it very uncomfortable like my stomach is getting squashed.

Didnt think id have this problem till later

Yes, it's starting to get uncomfortable now to sleep on my front. I'm finding it really hard to get comfy enough to fall asleep at the moment, despite being absolutely knackered.

i love sleeping on my front to.. but just the other night it came to me maybe iam squashing the bubba... i only have a slight bump ... more like a fat belly :?

i didnt think ild have this prob till at least my bump went hard and bigger.its been 9years since i had my son i cnt seem to remember anything! strange xxx take care

I'm pretty sure its safe to sleep on your front until it gets uncomfortable, this was around 20 weeks for me, and now i woudlnt even try.

Your baby and body lets u no when to stop doing things, jsut follow it. its a bit frustrating not being able to sleep in my fav comfy position, but i'm doing ok with a support pillow underneath her on my side.

I've always slept on my front - no other way is quite as comfy!

I'm still managing now, although I need to bring one of my knees up to the side a bit (if that makes sense :think: ) Midwife says its fine for as long as its comfy and theres enough fluid round baby that he/she won't get squashed :D

I'm the same as Cinnamon81, I still do it using the bent knee and a pillow under the bump technique. There isn't and issue wih this apart from the feeling like your lying on a water melon one :rotfl:

Alex xxx

your probably feeling skwished due to swelling and bloating. i had it for a while, but it went away by about 11weeks.
Its got to the point now where i can no longer lay on my stomach unless proping one of my legs to the side and putting a pillow under it, Maybe you could try that, take the weight of your tummy.

Lidl's were selling little half sized pillows of memory foam with a little cover - dunno if they still are - kind of like the shape of a bolster? Anyways if you can find one they are really comfortable for poppin between ya legs to get comfy on ya side or poppin under one leg to try n get comfy on ya tummy :) I always slept on me tummy til i got uncomfortable carryin my son and ever since i've slept in the one leg up position :)

the only way i sleep good and comfortable is on my stomach but im having problems too and cant sleep that way, so just tossing and turning constantly to try and get comfy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back