sleepin

amylou86

Reaction score
my daughter(2wks old) wont sleep in her moses basket at night so iv been putting her in her vibrating bouncy chair which she loves and falls asleep straight away in.
should i try and get her out of that habit now? cause i know babies r suppsed to sleep lying on there back.
she wont let me put her down after she's fallen asleep. she'l wake up the second i do..its driving me up the wall!! cause i cant sleep properly most nights.
any advice v appreciated!
amy

p.s i cant put her in a cot yet because im staying at my mums until i get a house in a couple of weeks and il have a cot as soon as iv moved out of here. x

i would try to get her to sleep in her moses basket during the day as wel as night so its not a shock to her at night :)

Also you could put a t-shirt in the moses basket so she can smell you and feel safe

hope that helps :hug:

do you know i was thinking about doing the t shirt thing last night!
il defo try it tonight though
:hug:

I'd try and get her into the moses basket. Supposed to be better if they sleep on their backs. You could try one of those comforters. Someone told me to put one down my top for a few hours then put it next to the baby in the basket. Also have you tried a dummy? Our baby has one for getting himself off to sleep then spits it out. Might be worth a try?
Good Luck :)

Leah was like this. She wouldnt sleep in her moses basket. When she was put in her crib she slept really well.

I was going to say the t shirt bit. It worked like a charm for leah

what are those comforters?? iv not heard of them before x

I found Libby would wake when we put her in her moses & wouldn't drop off to sleep, so what we did was put her down in it and leave one hand on her tummy applying enough pressure so that she knew we were there, either that or if you kneel at one end and put your forearms either running up along either side of her she will feel comforted, then remove gently after a few minutes - its reassurance for them....try to comfort her whilst she's in there - stroking the side of the face is very calming.
Hope she starts to love the moses soon
:hug:

We have a cuski comforter, and if Libby is away from me, we leave this with her as it smells of me (You wash it then carry it around in your top all day for the first day - it then smells of you and reassures the baby through smell)

Here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cuski-The-Origina ... dZViewItem

With Isaac I use used nipple pads.
Which I change daily so it's not dirty in his basket.
As I breastfeed I have lots of my smell to pass on as they leak a lot lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back