Dummies and hygiene

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
My DD has a dummy - Sometimes she will spit it out or it will fall out in her cot. We usually leave it on the side if we are there sitting with her or leave it in her cot if she's asleep and it's afallen out. But if she wakes innher sleep, we give her the dummy that might have been sitting in her cot for half hour or so. Would you give her a fresh one (sterlisied?)

And what about leaving dummies on the side (e.g. coffee table) - would you always store it in a steri box when baby doesn't have it?

I don;t want to have to keep sterilising dummies as sometimes the dummy is in and out of her mouth in cot where it falls out and we put it back in - she is healthy enough so am I being paranoid?

If dummy falls on floor or somewhere else like sofa/play mat (teat down) we change it for sterilised one. So far we haven't needed more than 2 dummies on the go!!
Thanks.

Personally, if it falls out into her cot, I would give it back to her too, if it falls onto the carpet, then yes, at her age I would replace for a sterile one.

As she gets older, you'll be able to be less 'monica' about it, but for her age, just do what you are doing.

As for leaving them on the coffee table, we used to have a plastic case that we kept spares in, or if it fell onto in the pushchair we would put it back in the box once we'd seen it, and keep until it was required, but if you don't have one, then I would still think it should be fine.

We sterilise them and put their covers back on but yeah if it drops in his cot or whatever we just give it back to him. If he throws it onto the floor we get another one. We leave them on sides/tables too but try to put the cover back on if we remember.

leckershell said:
We sterilise them and put their covers back on but yeah if it drops in his cot or whatever we just give it back to him. If he throws it onto the floor we get another one. We leave them on sides/tables too but try to put the cover back on if we remember.

we do the same... :)

A liitle bit o dirt is good for ya...i used to do the sin of all sins and suck them clean before giving it back to babe :shock: shame on me :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back