Sleep question...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by BUGGY82, Jun 30, 2013.

1. BUGGY82

BUGGY82 Well-Known Member

LO has just turned 1 and for the last few weeks he's been waking up between 5 and 6.30am how can I get him to sleep later? He used to sleep 7-7.
    He still takes 2 naps, usually a 30 min around 9 and then 1 to 1 1/2 hours round 1pm I just don't know how to get him to sleep longer? If I put him down later he still wakes up early.

Anyone got any advise?

2. Roo3

Roo3 Well-Known Member

Have you tried cutting out that 30 minute nap? Lo may not be sleeping as late because he's having too much sleep during the day.

3. BUGGY82

BUGGY82 Well-Known Member

I was going to try that but he's so cranky and tired by 9 if he's up at 5am he won't last till lunch time!

4. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I don't know, but if you find a magic cure please share it with the rest of us!! Apparently my daughter has decided that she is a morning person so I must be too... This is not making me happy...

5. Newbie777

Newbie777 New Member

I know this may sound daft but try putting him down earlier maybe 6.30. My lo used to wake really early and we tried putting him down later and it made no difference then someone said put him down earlier and it worked. If u can go down earlier and then cut out morning nap I reckon u will get there x