• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slap cheek??? Is it a problem for me

smess26

Reaction score
Hey my daughter 4 has just woken up with two red cheeks could be from where she was sleeping
but
worried about slap cheek said it's bad for pregnant women can cause
miscarriage!!
Now it's sat no docs open what do I do?? Anyone had this before?? X x help??

I would ring Nhs direct 08454647 to check, chances r u've already had it as a child and r therefore immune to it xxx

It could be anything hun so try not to worry :)

My eldest son had slapped cheek when I was pg with my daughter and everything was ok anyway :)

Smess - I had a scare with this in Feb when I was 9 weeks, I would go to to docs just incase. They did a blood test to check for imunity , and can tell if you are imume (eg you had it as a child already) and also if you have had recent exposure. After my MC, I was soo worried that this was the cause, and it wasn't. I came back as imune with no recent exposure, but best to get checked just incase.

Please don't worry - the docs will give you more info, don't go goggling - most people have already had this as a child , but having been there, I do wish there was more awareness of this X

Last edited:
Right I phoned
docs Sat and k got confirmed slap cheek. My docs have just phoned tjismmorning and I've got to go for a blood test this afternoon!!
So fingers crossed I am immune or at least haven't got it!! X x x

Good luck,let us know how u get on x

I had this at 9 weeks and I was tested and wasnt immune, however at 12weeks scan consultant said as it hadnt already caused a miscarriage it wasnt going to do any harm and no more was said about it xxx

good that you got a quick blood test Smess, try not to worry, as I worried myself sick with this one, got in a right state , when shouldn't have done, as out of your control Hun

Wishing you have had it already and now imune , just a warning, the hosp told me that this blood test takes a little longer (took two weeks actually) as they ,culture this to provide the results apparently somehow.

Emz1980 - just thought about what you said, I would mention this again to your midwifeone of the as alot of the reading up I did, said MC was just one of the problems, They should monitor you more wi th scans as pregnancy progresses as it can sometimes cause odema (swelling) apparently and anemia in the baby, and heart issues , which apparently they can see on scans, and give blood tranfusions directly to baby while pregnant apparently

I'm not trying to worry you, just think it strange they dismissed this,, perhaps at the 12 week scan all was looking good X

That's What I read jenni!!
They said to call Friday and go from there so we will see!! Mum doesn't think o have had it but
docs think you can pick it up and not notice so we will see x x x

Yeah SMess, my mum had never heard of it, and yet I had had it at some point , I suppose I could have had it more recently and not nottice when my kids were smaller as they are older than your little one.

Glad you got tested just in case, I really do think they should avertise this more at schools where lots of kids congregate, as schools are exactly where all the pregnant mums are! apparently it is not contagious by the time the cheeks go red, but the 2 weeks beforehand, that's why it's so hard to stop getting about. As you were only just getting pregnant then, you may be just fine too X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back