Slap cheek.. anyone know much about it??

setdse

Reaction score
My eating habbits have more or less come back and haven't had MS for about 4 days.
Something just feels different.

Thing is mid week last week while i was at work there was a boy who had a temp about 38' and his cheeks were really red and he was sick and had a sore throat.

After this i was talking to a friend who had a miscarriage and she said that she lost hers because she came into contact with a child who had slap cheek. but she didnt know until she had her 12 week scan and the baby had not HB

This has really freaked me out and the symptoms for slap cheek are low-grade mild fever and flu-like symptoms,
headache,
stuffy or runny nose,
sore throat,
lethargy,
in a few children there may be nausea,
abdominal pain,
diarrhoea,

Does anyone know much about it??

When I discovered I was pregnant there was slapped cheek going round my sons school. I asked to be tested for it and thankfully I was immune. Chances are that you are too, apparently most of us have had it when we were kids so we're immune to it. Ask your midwife for a test, they'll be able to check if you have it or immune already.

ok thank you will ask my mum if i ever had it. xx

Last edited:
Symptoms can be quite mild for some. Chances are you had it as a kid but you or your mum wasn't aware of it? Still worth having the blood test for it. I had it done when I had all my other bloods done. 2 weeks later i got the results. I didn't even know I had it as a kid and my mum couldn't remember if I did either lol

I was tested for this at 9 weeks preg, as can affect from 9 weeks to 20 weeks or so they said, I just wish there was more awareness at the school gates about it. My daughter got sent home with suspected slapped cheek from the school nurse, hubby looked it up on the internet , and read about it and pregnancy so took her straight to docs before I got home, I went to docs just as a precaution and they tested my imunity, took 2 weeks to get results as they take a while for this test, but they can tell if you have had it before at some point and then imune and also if you have recent exposure too. I had a missed miscarridge at 12 weeks, but followed it up incase, and I was imune so all fine, and to stress to you it was not the cause of my MC.

Get checked just incase Hun X

Last edited:
I have my doctors appointment tomorrow so i will Ask aout it then. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111