Skin Tags/ being put to sleep

soulem

Reaction score
Hoping Ive put this up in the correct place!

My son has skin tags on the side of his right ear and he has an appt to have them removed on the 11th Nov. He is 3 years old and I wasnt going to get them removed until he was older but the kids at preschool have been pulling them and asking what they are so decided the time is right.

Im a little worried about him being put to sleep as at birth he had low oxygen levels in his blood and was on scbu for 7 days with rapid breathing.

Im hoping there are some other mams on here whose children have been put to sleep for minor ops too who can offer some input!!

Just wanted to give you some of these
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Remember the anesthetist knows what he is doing and will take your son's problems when he was born into account if he needs to. :hug: :hug:

Thanks Kalia! I keep reminding myself that, but its easy to worry!!

:hug: its only natural to worry about your child having a general anaesthetic, but they wouldnt do the op if they thought there was any risk, before his surgery the anaethitist will check him over and sound his chest before theatre and if there is even a slight cough or cold they will pick it up and wont do the op. for something like skin tag removal he will hardly be under then they will bring him round again.

My little girl had her kidney removed last summer, the op was double the time we had thought she was under for about 4 hours. but i knew she was being well looked after, i was allowed to go into the room with her while she was put to sleep, i then waited in recovery for her to come out so i was there when she woke up, im sure they will let you do this, it does help the worry a bit.

Thanks for the message babydust! I'm hoping to have someone there with me also when he goes in as I dooubt Id be able to stay sane on my own!
I think I am able to be with him when he is put to sleep, I want to be there, and this is the part where I think I will lose it and cry!! But ive been assured the op will take a matter of minutes so hopefully he wont be under so long. Dont know how I would handle a 4 hour op for kidney removal, it must've been a worry to say the least!

I'm sure everything will be fine but it is only natural to worry. I haven't got any advice or experience but just wanted to offer you and your little boy my best wishes.

Can I be nosy and ask whereabouts you are from is it the north east or north east yorkshire?

my little girl had to go under general for emergency surgery. i know that horrible feeling, they only let one of us in whilst they put her to sleep so daddy went as i wasnt feeling very brave :cry:

but i would have thought he would be under for literally minutes? can they not do it under local?

Hi

Dont blame you for being worried its normal!!
Im sure everything will be fine :hug:

i think it would be more traumatic for the child for something like that to be done locally, they will probabally only give a very light general anaesthetic.

I think I am able to be with him when he is put to sleep, I want to be there, and this is the part where I think I will lose it and cry!! But ive been assured the op will take a matter of minutes so hopefully he wont be under so long. Dont know how I would handle a 4 hour op for kidney removal, it must've been a worry to say the least!

i used to be a surgical childrens nurse and went in with parents when there child was put to sleep, although i could see time and time again how upset these parents were i never thought when it was my own i would have been so bad, i had seen this time and time again but still i couldnt stop crying when she went under. i would recomend having someone with you for the wait, i had dh, then my mum and dad came with my youngest daughter it really helped

Hi fifi, I live in north east yorkshire! Right on the coast!!

Thanks all for the replies! I think I'm going to have to talk to the doctor properly and make sure he understands my concerns about my son's breathing and oxygen levels, I will feel better if I've voiced it!!

Suppose it will be a chance to practise my breathing! :D

Thnaks again girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back