herbie's skin help

lanny

Reaction score
well herbies skin has been really bad the doctor give him oilatum for the bath and oilatum cream to rub on him, well his face etc and cleared up brilliant but his creases in his arms and legs and that were still red and sore.
Got him dresses yesterday morning and he had a huge patch under one of his arm pit of red raw skin that look really wet I felt so sorry for him coz really must be hurting so i was taking him to get weighted so thought I would as her to look at it there then maybe take him to the doctors.
She said it was a little infected and give me hydrocortisone to use 3 times a day I brought him home and bathed him and put the cream on then again after dinner then again last night, went to do it again this morning and it just as bad if not a little worse and he cried when I put the cream on.
So has anybody else got baby with dry skin? and how long should I leave it to start getting better?
there is only the drop in doc's open today and everytime I have been it been a 2 hour wait but I would go if it helped him but is there anything else they could do?
thanks anybody that has any ideas xxx

Not sure what advice I can give but hope it improves soon x x

Im not sure if it is the same for babies, but i was told if you had wet raw skin cream is worse as it makes it wetter? maybe you need something to dry the wetness up first

yea he has had the cream on the last two day and when I look at it the cream has just stayed in the creases of his arm pit and it looks really wet, my mam went and got some dressing to try and keep in dry and stop the skin touching if no better in the morning back to the doctor I think thanks girls xxx

I used to work in a care home so used to dealin wiv sores (not exactly the same but still) anyway my advice would b to bathe and pat dry the area as much as possible,then let air get to it,even if just for 5 mins. Then apply a small amount of cream and put some gauze in the crease to stop it rubbing on itself iykwim? Hope it clears up soon 4 him xx

The only thing I can add is that if the skin is like wet and raw and you think it's an infection, the doc can prescribe an ani biotic talc.
Both my LO's have eczema and we have diprobase cream. Seems to work ok but we also changed our washing powder and they got alot better. Hope he gets better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back