Screaming when put to bed

swan1

Reaction score
Charlie is 9 months and for the last week or so every time he goes to bed he screams the place down, he has always been put down awake and never has had any problems getting himself to sleep.

I am pretty sure its not his teeth or anything and as soon as i go into the room he smiles and stops and then when i leave he starts again. This goes on for about 40 minutes with me going back in at regular intervals shushing him and saying night night and leaving. Its starting to wear me down and i am dreading bedtimes!! I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to deal with it. He doesnt do it during the day for his naps only at bedtime!!

It sounds ot me like hes pushing his luck and see how quickly he can get mummy back in for a cuddle!
I had a simillar problem with my son and did everything before he went to bed, made sure he was fed, bathed had calpole for teeth etc.

It took lots of restarint and periods of controllede crying to get him to realise i didnt jump for him.

A few nights later he settled and no more problems

I agree with mrs tommo - the more you go in the more he will cry :hug:

Yep, I agree with the above. 5 min intervals.

The first time you go back in shushh him and comfort him.

2nd time and after that dont speak or lift him, just stroke his face.

Its easy for us to say this when we arent there but having been there please percivere. :hug: You arent being cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back