size of the baby?

melhoney

Reaction score
just watched one of the movies that you can find from this forum, and found out that at 12 weeks, baby should be around 7 / 7and a half cm tall.
I got my scan at 10 weeks and 5 days, and it was only 4 cm tall!
should I get worried? can baby double its size in 1 week ?
I know I have not been eating very well, esp since I am in Pakistan, as I find it hard to find something my tummy fancies, but can this be the reason?

again, another worry, sorry girls!

love

mel xx

Hey dnt wry, the baby grows at areally quick rate at the mo, and u have jus about two weeks til uhit that stage from ur last scan, so evrythin sounds ok to me. And if u look on any site that traces the week by week development of ur liitlle bean, they shud give u the size and weight of ur baby durin each week. Everything seems fine to me, and not all grow at the same rate. I had my first scan at 13.4 weeks and my little bean was only 7.4cm long.

Hope u feel ok and everythin goes well for u.

bec x x

My scan was at 11+5 and it was only 5cm I was told this was normal. It does actually double in size week by week in the early stages, don't worry.

Hi melhoney

Don't worry they grow so much one week to the next.
How is Pakistan? My husband is Pakistani and we're hoping to go there in march after the baby's born. Can't wait!

Louise

Bear in mind as well melhoney, that some people measure head to bum and others head to toe!
If you look at pic of hw a foetus develops you will find it goes from being really small for ages while its organs are developing and arm and leg buds come in then all of a sudden the growing begins. so dont worry.

Between weeks 8 and 12 they more than double in size every week so you have no worries at all!!

Also I always doubt these measuring systems a bit because all babies are different sizes when they are born so surely they will be different sizes when they are growing inside us too!!

I think saying everyone's baby at 12 weeks should be 7 cms is like saying every baby when its born should be 8lb !!!! Am I making sense!!??

Much love

But I thought they were all the same size early on because they use the size to tell you how far on you are don't they?

many thanks to you all for taking the time to reassure me!
I am too much of a worrier, I know, my husband tell me all the time! :oops:

I feel a bit stupid as well, I should have tried to find more info on this before bothering you all!

LouisecH, pakistan is fantastic, I love it, BUT NOT NOW!!!!!!!!!! March is a much better option, than July and August!!! it's far too hot and humid, and with the first trimester symptoms, it's not good, I'm telling you! Even the food i usually enjoy is finding it hard to go down! I am getting a bit concerned about that, not for me, but the baby! But we planned the trip long before i got pregnant, so...
Where in pakistan are you planning to go? have you ever been?

much love to all,

Mel xx

I went for my first scan on wed at exactly 12weeks and my baby is 5cms

xx

Hi Melhoney

It's not a bother to ask questions - I think we all do. It's nice to have other people's feedback and not just research from internet etc.

We're going to a place near Lala Musa, Gujrat. I've never been nefore and I've never met any of my huband's family so I'm really looking forward to it. Think I need to learn a bit more Urdu. I know some Punjabi words and basic phrases but I don't really want to spend the entire time asking them how they are, what they're doign and if they want to eat something :lol:

Take care
Louise

Asalam alaikum louise! :lol:

I find you very brave to go to pakistan just after the birth of your baby, esp if you have never been before! it's not something I would do! having said that, look where I am at the moment, there are probably a lot of people thinking I'm out of my senses!

Anyway, I have never been to lala musa, my husband is from Lahore, and I have only been to the north for tourism, and south as well. I'm sure it will be a "big time" experience for you, I hope you will enjoy it as much as i do (even if not just now :oops: ).
As far as language is concerned, people will probably not expect you to know urdu for your first visit and will be grateful that you know some phrases already! I spent 9 months in lahore, where I met my husband, and have learnt a few useful phrases, enough to take rickshaws and buy what I need. Now, my family-in-law is pushing me to learn more :p but they know it's not that easy! Anyway, you'll come with your little bundle of joy, I am sure that will be more than enough! :D

Take care,

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back