Determining the sex of baby

poochielove

Reaction score
Sorry to double post guys but i just had yet another question pop into my head! :oops:
I was looking around the internet about when you find out the sex of bub and i read that they can tell as early as 12 weeks :shock: ?! Is this true? Has anyone ever been told very early at a scan or no anyone who has?

Im so impatient..Cheri22 said a boy and now i am desperate to know!!!

Ive not heard of them knowing as early as 12 weeks! I think they can tell from 16 weeks when the baby's bits are more formed, i dont think they'd even look before tht really. x

The genitalia should be fully devoloped by about 14 weeks but I think the baba is still to small to get a clear view so a definiate answer!

Maybe they mean you can tell from an amnio, they're normally performed at about 12 weeks aren't they?

Hello!

When I had my 12 week scan with my little girl (who is now 2) I looked at the scan picture and could see what looked like 3 faint lines in between her legs (which indicated she was a girl).

I showed the pic to my DH and he told me to stop being silly and that at this stage you would not be able to tell BUT she did turn out to be a girl!!! When I asked the consultant after I had her he said that in some cases you would be able to tell at 12 weeks and three lines would indicate a female! (I should become a doctor!!)

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back