length of your baby at your first scan

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!

Reading things on the internet I realised my baby is taller than what it is said on the sites. I had my scan at 13 weeks and the baby's length was 12.8 cm or 5 inches. I know the dad was a very big baby, 58.5 cm at birth so maybe it will be the same for this baby.
Is your baby this size too? They say it should be 3 inches at 13 weeks.

thanks,
Nathalie

Hiya Nathalie

I really honestly wouldnt worry. I have noticed that length differs on different sites. One site says my baby should be now 12 cm, on another 20cm. (now 8cm is quite a lot eh?)

Go onto different sites and have a look, you will see what I mean.

I shall be interested when I get my scan on 12th July to see what my little one is now measuring, last time at 9 weeks beanie was 2.2cm.

All the Best with your pregnancy

Love Ragna xxxxxxxxxxx

some measurments go from head to bum and others go from head to feet, this is probably whats happened but remember all babys grow at different speeds anyway

Manda x

hiya, I had a scan at 12 weeks and it states baby is 5 cm which seems tiny compare to yours, my date want back 3 days for the size.

did they not change your date for the size?

YOU GOT ME WORRIED HEHE SO CHECKED OUT THIS WEBSITE STATE THE LEGNTH FOR EACH WEEK BABY SHOULD BE. OOPS CAPS are you sure she didnt give you the measurment in cm not inches? its says your baby is 17 weeks at that time of scan. MAybe you are further than you though but the midwife didnt change your date???

http://www.babycenter.com/general/pregn ... 90794.html

Hi

At my 12.5 week scan, baby was 6cm head-to-bum. Sounds like they were able to measure the legs as well.

I read somewhere that all babies grow at very similar rates for the first 12 weeks, which is why a scan done in the first 12 weeks is always more accurate when it comes to dating a pregnancy, than a later scan. Does anyone know if this is true?

LBxx

at my 12wk 5 day scan it was 6.5 cm head to bum and they said it looked like a 13 wk 5 days baby (Dating scan, midwife it sticking to 12 wks as that is correct with my period)

*shrugs* I'm 5'9 and my hubby is 6'6 don't know if this helps! (maybe we are all legs though like bambi!)

I think sometimes if your ahead of your original due date is best to saty where you were as you could go really over due. Mine went back 3 days and I was happy with that as it gives me 3 more days to arrive. At the time I thought dam it! but I know its for the best, Im sure it can be a hard time at the end and going overdue!

It could be possible that you are actually ahead as people do ovulate differently, just that its quite commen to ovulate 14 days after you period start date. and thats with a perio being on average of 5 days also.

My period lasted only 3 so I though I may have ovulated earlier but with my due date having added 3 days on that makes it 5 days over the normal ovulation date!!!!

You may be someone that ovulates shortly after your period rather than 9 days after?!?!?

Its such a pain though! Wish we hadd better equipment actually telling us when we ovulated rather than a little chart.

catherine x

Hello!

I think the nurse told me wrong at the hospital. I have looked at other 12 weeks scan and what she explained me to be the full size is not it!!! However, i do not think it is written down at all on the scan so i guess I'll have to wait and ask the midwife next week. In a way I am happy the baby is not that tall in case there could be problems!!!
My hospital is a bit rubbish to explain you things, they are always very shortstaffed and they never take the time to explain you anything!!! :|

I had my scan at 14 weeks 2 days and baby measured 8 cm, which i was told was correct for 14 weeks :)

According to my 22 week scan baby only measured 19 weeks...They didnt give me a length though...But everytime he would put the cursor over babys leg or arm it would pop up 19 weeks...But I know for sure I am 22 weeks...So baby must just be a little tiny yet...He did weigh 12 ounces which is right on for 22 weeks...
Pansy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back