Size of baby - measurements

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi ladies

i had an appointment with the consultant at the hospital yesterday and she measured my bump to be 22cm, i've read online that you should be the same cm as weeks. so i'm 24 weeks so should be 24cm.

does anyone else know what they are or were when they were measured?

xx

Fundal measurement isn't that accurate and they normally allow up to 2cm each way before they may ask questions. I have measured 3 or 4 weeks big from 30 weeks and never had a growth scan or anything. 24 weeks is normally the first time you're measured with your first pregnancy and you may find next time you've caught up a bit. She would have told you if she was concerned. x

At my 16 wk apt I was 18 cm. At my 25 wk apt I was 26 cm. They allow 2cm each way so u sound perfect :)

2 cm either way is fine, only when I was over than 2cm more, they sent me to a growth scan

I always measured about 2cm under and about 4cm under at the end. It varies from midwife to midwife as well so you sound right on track :)

thanks ladies! everything is so worrying isn't it? i've been told that my little one may stop feeding off of the placenta at some point so everything worries me :(

xxx

It depends that hows your baby is positioning, this also can add some cm or lose some.

I've always measured a week ahead and MW and hospital know this and they said they're not worried :) xx

I measured 28 at my 25 midwife appt so when I go back for m 28 week appt if it's still more than 2cms over I have to go for another scan - she said they dont do anything if it's 2cms or less either way and it's def not an exact science that's why they have to scan to see if it's baby or just everything else x

Hi hun just wanted to say that when i was preg with my DD i didnt get a bump till i was about about 29weeks preg. When i went for my scan at 21weeks the woman asked if i was sure there was a baby in there lol. She confirmed that she was growing fine. My midwife said that it was strage that i just all of sudden got a small bump. Even when i went into labout at 36weeks U could barely tell i was preg unless i lifted up my top and there was a perfectly round small bump but with my top on it just looked like i had a few to many beers lol :)

My GP thinks they should totally do away with the external bump measurements as they are so inaccurate.

I was measured at 29cms when I went for my 30 week GP check but I was actually 30+5 so nearly 2 cms out the same as you and my GP wasn't at all concerned.

I had my 25week app' on Tues' and i measured 26cm, so about right really. I was concerned that i was way to big!! But like the girls have said on here it's not known to be a very accurate way of measuring anyway. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back