Sitting up - have bought bumbo to help

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Imogens now over 5 months and should be starting to sit up

how old were your babies when they tried to sit up??

UPDATE: reading some the old posts i bought a bumbo off ebay too see if that helps.I wanted to buy her one anyway but soon hopefully il be the proud owner of a pink bumbo by the end of the week.

Ryan's not even tried either chick... sorry I can't be more help, but theres only a couple of weeks between them and he's not started sitting. I was also wondering when he should be! :D

melissa's nearly 8 months and only just started doing it :shock: coz i NEVER practised it with her :oops: (i always put her on her back and let her roll instead or put her in her walker or bouncer)
my hv said to sit behind her to catch her fall do it half an hour each day, she got the hang of it within days! good luck :hug:

hey

nay started sitting up as soon as she hit 6 months, i never used to put her on the floor, she was always in her bouncer like Millie.

but a couple of weeks before she turned 6 months i put her on the floor and she soon go the hang of it.

so just put her on the floor and shell get it by the time she 6 months hopefully.

hope i helped :hug:

hey, amber isnt doing it yet but she is trying and getting really frustrated.

Everyday i put her in between my legs and he has got strongwe and stronger and doesnt flop over so quickly any more lol

Plus we put her in the corner of the settee so she can see everything and play with her toys this has probably helped also.

But she has only just managed to roll over so i just dont think amber likes being on her back!!

Willow can sit up fine with support, and she trys so hard to do it when she's on her back,bless her,but she just has to content herself with lifting her head :lol:

Matilda started at about 4 months really straining on her back to lift her head and would sit if you pulled her up by the arms, she didnt really start to sit unaided though until nearly 7 months. i have a bumbo and I didnt really find it much help, she just used to 'loll' in it and would only sit in it for a few minutes and then really arch her back to try and get out!, we put her in a baby walker at 5 months and she loves it. In her baby bouncer chair she used to wriggle down till she was practically on the floor so stopped using it at 61/2 months!

I know Maddisons a bit younger but she sits in her Bumbo when I give her baby rice/purees. She tends to just arch her back to get out of it after a while though so dont think this is helping her to learn to sit up. I spend some time each day with her sitting between my legs on the floor playing with toys but obviously she has her back right against my tummy so is supported the whole time. Maddison isnt even rolling over yet :? I thought babies were supposed to have did this by her age? :think: She has done it once but thats it! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back