Bumbo.. Help or hurt?

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Lilyannas so lazy her development seems slow.. I know all babies differ but she's not even holding her head up.. She hates tummy time and I don't want to keep holding her etc.. Mil bought her a bumbo ages ago and I just remembered I had it so I tried her in it and she loved it.. Took her out after five mins.. Will five mins a day in it help her hold her head up or will it damage her? Never had one of these before..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329779274.956633.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329779274.956633.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 34
Aww she is just too adorable, never had one but I think maybe resting it and her up against a cushion might make it more comfy for her xxx

Idk the answer to this but oh she's sooo cute!!

Awwww she's the cutest JM.

I really want a bumbo but need to wait til we can afford it

:roll:

Id say it will help her support her head. I also read on a wee booklet that there is some exercise type things you can do to strengthen their neck.

:)

She looks fine in it hun and like u said 5 mins can't hurt looks like she has got some could control there so maybe she is just a lazy madam !!! Xxx

They are supposed to help with posture and aid in them sitting? No idea if this is true? I've been putting Lo in his for a few mins each day so I can get on with odd jobs or having food! He is starting to sit on his own now so don't know if bumbo helped or its just the way he is? It certainly hasn't seemed to have harmed him.

I'm sure I read in one of my books if Lo us lying down you should lift their top half off the floor by gently pulling them up by their arms and this 'baby sit up' helps strengthen their neck? I'll double check and post back xx

How cute is she?! :)

I remember Jack taking a while to gain full control of his head and thinking he was a bit late doing it. I doubt the bumbo will hurt if it's just for 5mins a day and she's smiling in that pic so she must be enjoying herself!! x

I don't let my lo sit up yet, I heard it's not good for babies backs when they are so little. Aren't these seats designed for babies who can already sit up on their own?..

I like Sarah suggestion of lifting her chest up while she is on her tummy. I sometimes put a cushion or my breastfeeding pillow under G's chest, he loves it as he can see the room so much better then. Maybe try that and see if your girl likes that? Xx

oooooh I didn't know that i.love. I'm gonna look into that before i get one.

I think with all things like that...door bouncers/jumparoo's ect, moderation is the key. My HV said LO shouldn't even be in the bouncy seat for too long. Ideally they should be laid flat.

:)

Thanks ladies lots of good advice there.. I thought they were for babies who could hold their heads up, same as the bouncers etc.. Mil bought it from a charity shop (looks new) so it didn't cost much.. Maybe I'll have to research it a bit I don't wanna do her any damage.. If babies can already sit up unaided why would they need a bumbo? Hmmm research!!!

The Bumbo Baby Seat was invented by a design engineer grandpa to seat young babies who can't sit up by themselves yet.

As soon as your baby can support their own head you can seat them in the Bumbo Seat. The seat has many technical design features that supports the babies posture allowing them to interact with their surroundings.

The Bumbo Baby Seat has received many awards from around the world for its effective and functional design but be aware of copy products that lacks some important features.

Be sure to buy an original Bumbo Baby Seat.

"The seat stabilizes the child into slight hip flexion, placing the pelvis in a slight anterior pelvic tilt which facilitates lumbar extension. This action, combined with the gentle curve of the seat back that matches the natural curve of the rib cage, facilitates the baby around the lower ribs and trunk for stabilization. The Seat allows for active practice of the head and postural trunk control. It also allows a child the pelvic stability needed to get the hands into the midline for play. Upright positioning facilitates an improved visual field of the environment, improved respirations and breath control, assists a baby who needs to be upright after feeding due to reflux and many other benefits."

From bumbo website..

another one with no advice, i just also wanted to say what a cutie!!! xx

Oh right, sorry I guess I got that wrong.

Just as littlemiss, I heard that all these bouncy seats etc are fun, but not very good for los. My antenatal teacher also said this. I just assumed that this chair is a similar thing in this repect.

I'm sure it would be fine for 5 mins a day, but I wouldn't use it for too long xx

Yeah they are supposed to be max 20mins a time in bouncers and walkers etc..
I suppose it's easy to let them stay in it longer if they are happy..

Ella will sit in her bumbo for 5 or 10 mins then she gets agitated so i take her out. Dont think 5 mins a day will do her any harm

she is such a beauty x

Alice seems to like her bumbo. Now she's trying to sit up I think it's not as strange for her. But she hasn't got the hang of holding on to toys to play with them and grizzles cos she can't reach them when she drops it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back