Bumbo seats

Squiglet

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this but as most mums with babies come in here I thought I'd post it here... :)

I've been looking into bumbo seats for lil miss...

She is currently driving me batty of the fact that she HATES lying down or reclining in anyway.. she also screams if you leave her on her tummy yet can hold her head up perfectly well, even uses her arms to push herself up...

The only positions she likes to be in is sitting up or being held upright, either on the shoulder or facing front. Its fine... but she's still slightly wobbly and has a habit of throwing herself over or head butting me.

Would a bumbo seat be ok for her to use now? or should you wait till a certain age? also are they worth the cost for only a couple of months? :think: Does anyone swear by them or are they just a waste of money? There was a recall of these seats for head injuries are they really that safe?

I think it's recommended for when LO can hold their own head. Imogen has just started to sit in one for a couple of mins at a time, supervised. We will build this up to 5 mins and then introduce a baby entertaining system (does not move) we are buying 2nd hand one tomorrow.
This is from the bumbo website

1. From what age can you start using the Bumbo?

The Bumbo is suitable for babies from the time they can support their own heads unaided until they are able to get out of the Bumbo.
hope this helps???

Beatlesfan said:
I think it's recommended for when LO can hold their own head.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: DOH! Not that's a milestone you don't see in the books!!!

You know what I meant .... :doh:

If you get one, they sell on ebay for about half of what you paid, so ask yourself if half the price of a bumbo is worth it for a few months :) We got one and sold it about a month later as ryan got out of it, but to be fair he was 5 months...

I actually never got one and glad I didn't as Kai would have got out quite early on.

What is the age limit? Something like 14 months?lol

You can get curved shaped cushions and the big blow up sided play gyms, she might be better sitting up in one of those than a bumbo seat till she is a little less wobbly :D

Austin was only in his bumbo for a couple of months but I got it 2nd hand off ebay so it wasn't that dear. My sister's borrowed it for her LO & thinks it's great, Roxy uses it loads even though she can sit up on her own now it's still useful for mealtimes etc.

I think it's trial & error, some babies get on with them some don't. Maybe see if you can get a second hand one, or borrow one for a couple of days to see how she gets on with it?

jayde loves her bumboo seat it was well worth my money buying it she still uses it now :D

Lola loves her bumbo!

OH's dad bought her it at xmas and she's still using it now. I bought a play tray for it as well. We take it with us to the MIL's on a weekend for Lola to have her lunch in because she hasn't got a highchair at her house :D

It says on the box I have here from 3 months to 14 months :D but if shes a good weight and can hold her head then I cant see why she couldnt use it without your supervision.

Ben loved his for a few months but wouldn't go in it now!! I think he was about 2 1/2 months when we first started using it and he used it until he was about 6 months. Like most things, you never now whether your baby will get on with it or not until you get one. For us it was definately worth the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back