Sinusitis

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi girls

I got a cold last week but it completely floored me as I could not get my head off the pillow. Left work early on Thursday and closed office on Friday and Saturday as the pain in my head was soo intense. As we all know medication is a no no in pregnancy so I tried just lying down and paracetomol but the headache just would not shift. It was really getting me down so my hubby phones NHS 24 yesterday and they called me back and told me to go to hospital to see out of hours doctor. When they called I was in Tesco looking at the sinus meds and they told me not to touch ANY of them :shock: I explained I have sinus problems anyway and I could not move my head. He examined me and agreed I had an infection so gave me Amoxicillin anti biotics. I was so reluctant to take them but he insisted there was no problem in pregnancy so I started taking them. I now steam my head with olbas oil 3 x day and hopefully this will clear up before I go on a flight on Friday - off to Disneyland Paris with my son and step-son YAY!! On a positive not I have physio tomorrow followed by my 16 week midwife appointment so maybe I'll get to hear the heartbeat :dance: Back at work today, my head is banging but I've so much work to catch up on I just have to get on with it! Have a good day everyone!!

aww sinusitis is nasty, I've only ever had it once and I do not want it ever again. Couldn't imainge what it must be like having it while your pregnant. At least you managed to get something from the doctors though and glad to see your on the mend. lucky you going to disneyland Paris! I'm so jealous.. can I go in your suitcase. lol

Last edited:
I was told I had a sinus infection last week as kept feeling dizzy! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back