Sinusitis :(

scones

Reaction score
I have had a blocked nose, well, the tubes in my face really, for over 5 weeks now. Has anyone else had this/got this and is there anything I can take, like those sinus sprays? Maybe I should just go to the docs. I heard that this is common in pregnancy.

XXXX

my nose has been blocked as well since the beginning of my pregnancy. somehow, all fluids and stuff increase during pregnancy!!!! i think i've read it somewhere, it is normal.
(although i have had chronic sinusitis since i was 9!!!!)

Horrible isnt it.Do you know if the nose sprays are safe?

hey hun i dont think they are safe as a few are steroidal based sprays. i had this bad a few weeks ago and saw GP who gave me fecking saline drops :shakehead: :shakehead: clearly these had noooo affect what so eva so i rand my MW as i was in so much pain she got me in with a better GP nd he gave me amoxycillin within a few days i was so much better. so i think u would be better seeing ur doctor hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have awful sinus problems. Have had for years. Beconase is safe in pg. not sure about others.
I had an infection a couple of weeks ago and had antibiotics for ten days.
Please dont let it get too bad.Go and see your gp.
Its awful and i really feel for you :hug: :hug:
Also try steaming with only hot water .it does relieve the pain :hug:

i read in my bounty week by week pregnancy book that blocked noses are common in the 16th and 17th week

Hi Scones

I had this and the doctor gave me a nasal spray to use. It helped but i'm still having problems with my ears which is driving me mad! She said that it was fine to use in pregnancy as long as it was only used when necessary. I probably mentioned it in my diary....i'll have to go back and check. I think it was steroid based but was similar to an inhaler for asthma where it doesn't enter the blood stream so is therefore safe to use. It was called Nasonex.

Michelle x

You guys are fabulous :hug: so much helpful advice!

I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow so I will stress all the details of my symptoms as its getting me down now.

thanks so much for all your replies, it means a lot xxxx

Hi Scones, i have been suffering with blocked nose, sore ears and been putting karvol on my pillow at night and on a hankichief or scarf during day it does help clear your nose,also been using head on for my headaches as i don't want to take too many paracetamol. but if your sinusitis is bad go to your GP. Dusty x

Good luck at your appt today scoes I hope the doc gives you something to shift it :hug:

Good luck at the docs. I hope they can give you something to help :hug: :hug:

Well the doc said to me that I have had sinusitus a few weeks ago and that whats clogging my cavity in the face (eg the snot :puke: ) so all I can do is do steam baths, ie head over boiling water to make it runny rather than what its like now.She said no nose spray would help as it just has to shift itself, so Im stuck with it for now!

I have had a blocked nose since week 5 and really struggle.

I can't sleep at night as my mouth gets dry.

Both my GP and Ostetrician have said that Oxymetazoline are safe so I use Vicks Sinex.... definitely helped me. The alternative is that I get NO sleep which would be worse for bub, so I am using it sparingly... only at night. During the day my nose is so blocked people comment, but at least I can breath through my mouth as can keep swallowing.

I hate it so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back