single parent.....

amylou86

Reaction score
hiya!
im due to have my little girl in 4weeks and iv been thinkin today about when shes older and wants to know about her dad!!
we wasnt in a relationship when i got pregnant and when i fount out, he said he'd be there..but a few days later he changed his number and the only thing i know about him is his name and that he lives in doncaster!
(i live in cheshire...miles away!)
what do i tell her when she starts asking questions like, why havnt i got a dad? or, who's my dad? or whats a dad??
i havent got a clue what to say!
i know its ages away yet, but the time will come.
any advice, very much appreciated!
amy and 35+ week bump, lola
xxxxx

Hi Amy

:hug: I'm sure when the time comes that your little girl is asking questions you will know what to tell her. Generally speaking the truth is a good place to start (although for a small child you might obviously have to simplify things a bit).

Not every child has the good fortune of being born into the stereotypical "ideal" family of 2 parents but so long as she is shown lots of love and support whilst she's growing up she should be ok.

My OH's father left his mum when he was 6 months old. My OH has no desire at all to meet up with his father. His grandfather was the male influence in his life and that was enough.

:hug: I bet you'll make a great mum :clap:

Hi

For me it was the opposite my mom wasnt around leaft when i was 1 and my dad raised us. He always told us the truth that she had left . When we got even older he told us why she had left. I t was very hard on us and i always missed out on having my mom around but my dad is both parents and he did such a great job i wouldnt have it any other way .
We didnt have any less love then if we had the both of them .
You will do great hun :hug:
Katrina

:hug: amy :hug:
I'm sure when the time comes you'll be just fine, because your her Mummy and you will do what is best for her :) I would say rest assured in that you told her Dad, and it was him who walked away, you did what you could :hug:

Very best wishes with the last bit of your pregnancy and I hope this message finds you and LO well, are you calling her Lola by the way? I absolutely love that name :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back