singing baby to sleep

Kimbo

Reaction score
it works lol!
it's usually a fight to get leah to sleep and i always refuse to sing because to be honest i'd feel a bit of a goon..
but i was just trying to get her to sleep and was saying, "sleep baby, sleep baby, sleep sleep sleep!"
it ended up turning into a song and before i knew it she had closed her eyes and was snoring :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If i did it she would end up screaming lol - everyone laughs when i sing :oops:

Kimbo said:
it works lol!
it's usually a fight to get leah to sleep and i always refuse to sing because to be honest i'd feel a bit of a goon..
but i was just trying to get her to sleep and was saying, "sleep baby, sleep baby, sleep sleep sleep!"
it ended up turning into a song and before i knew it she had closed her eyes and was snoring :rotfl:

Admit it Kim, you're just practising for next years Britains Got Talent! :D I can't sing, I can croak, but not sing :lol:

haha, everytime I sing Jam dances so it does the opposite of goin sleep lol!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I sing "you are my sunshine" to Arianna everynight before she goes to bed. Plus I heard a really sweet song on one of her programmes and just changed her name in it.

It goes....

Hush Arianna,
Sleep Arianna,
Under the stary filled sky,
It's time for counting sheep,
and singing you to sleep,
with a sleepy time lullaby

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

Evie is picky when it comes to songs :roll: :roll:

...it's either London Bridge Is Falling Down or Have You Seen The Muffin Man...which are fine except that I only know one verse of each so it starts to get a bit repetitive :rotfl:

She won't sleep if you sing anything else :shakehead:

I sing to LO every night, part of our bedtime routine.

Ours is

Mhairi is my darlin, my darlin, my darlin. Mhairi is my darlin, my wee cuppa tea (repeat 2097489817 times). Sung to the tune of Charlie is my darlin.

Or AliBali Bee, with Mhairi substituted for Ali.

Oh, and if I want her to smile then the teletubbies anthem works a treat!

xxx

We sing all sorts of rubbish made-up songs to Eva but they mostly just make her smile!
Her Granny has more luck, she sings Keane 'Bedshaped' to her and Eva loves it! I reckon they will be off to music festivals together before i know it!
:rotfl:

Honestly my 'singing' is so bad Evie proper cries (tears and bottom lip) if I try and sing her to sleep :shock: :rotfl:

I sing alsorts to Jacob :lol: To get him to sleep it's "Go to sleep my baby" or "Mr Sandman, bring me a dream" :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back