Infant Gaviscon for silent reflux?

Callysmommy

Reaction score
My baby girl is 5 mo and she is my second baby with silent reflux.

I live in the USA and I ordered infant gaviscon overseas. I have not rec'd it yet but I do have a couple questions. My LO has silent reflux. Regurgitation happens mid way in the esophagus. There is no spitting. The pain is during feedings. Currently I am using baby rice cereal to thicken her breast milk. But the problem with that is it's constipating, and it doesn't stay thick for long in the bottle. Any experience to share is welcome :)

Do you mix the food in with the bottle? This can be dangerous and isn't advised.. My nephew had the same problem when he was younger and my sister was prescribed the gaviscon powder to put into his milk and it worked for him, he was on it for quite some time but it really helped him, hope yours comes soon so your LO gets some relief x

Oh and welcome to the forum :flower:

Do you mix the food in with the bottle? This can be dangerous and isn't advised.. My nephew had the same problem when he was younger and my sister was prescribed the gaviscon powder to put into his milk and it worked for him, he was on it for quite some time but it really helped him, hope yours comes soon so your LO gets some relief x

Oh and welcome to the forum :flower:

Yes it's in the milk why do you say it's dangerous? It was prescribed for both my kids. Do you have to move up a size teat with gaviscon? Does it thicken in the bottle?

It must be different to the rice we have here, I know it's advised not to mix anything other than medicine/teething powders with bottles in case of choking.

My sister was using the Dr. Browns bottle and didn't have to change teat size, and it didn't seem to give any trouble regarding the colic tube either, it's quite a small sachet x

My little one had the same problem and had infant gaviscon from the doctor, he also said to try her on cow and gate comfort which helps with the constipation and it's a thicker milk so stays down better but I do have to use the bigger teat otherwise none of the milk can get through :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back