Silent Reflux?

KJL

Reaction score
I posted earlier regarding Layla possibly having reflux/colic and NIE suggested it could be silent reflux. After researching this I am convinced that is the problem Layla has. She has so many of the symptoms. Is there any other mums on here who's little ones are suffering with silent reflux? What symptoms did you LO display and how has it been treated?

Obviously I will go to the Dr after the bank holiday but I was wondering if there was anything I can do in the meanwhile to ease her disscomfort. I was thinking about switching to Aptamil Easy Digest.

Hi there,
Tom had silent reflux when he was a baby. Symptoms included lots of back arching when feeding/hiccups/coughing and loads of wind. He was generally uncomfortable and used to wake up from sleeping loads with the pain of the reflux.
We were given Gaviscon at first but it didn't seem to improve things a great deal so I got a paediatrician referral and then we were given other medications to help. There was an improvement after that.
He's grown out of it now (I hope) but reflux is not a nice thing. It's hard for the Mummy and the baby.
We've got a reflux support thread in the feeding and nutrition section. It's a sticky so you should be able to find it easily.
Lxxxx :hug:
PS: In the short term before you see the doctor, you could try propping her cot/moses basket up by about 30 degrees. Also, try to keep her upright for at least 20 mins after each feed. That should help. x

Thank you for your reply, I will try angling the moses basket and keeping her upright after feeding. She has awful hiccups a lot of the time and they really seem to bother her. She goes very rigid often when feeding and also keeps turning her head to the side and crying/choking and spitting out the milk. She also weezes quite a bit and haas quite blocked sinuses which I read could be another symptom (I took her to the dr for this and they gave me saline drops to clear her nose before feeding). She seems to comfort eat as well as I think initially the drinking seems to ease it a bit. I will see the paediatrician asap and hopefully get some relief for her...poor little sausage seems really uncomfortable at the mo :( :(

That really does sound like reflux to me KJL.
I had to persevere with my doctor as she said silent reflux is 'extremely rare' which is absolute rubbish.
In the end I really put my foot down for a referral and was glad I did.
As a mother, you have an instinct. If you've had or have PND like us then I think sometimes you don't have confidence in that instinct. But you should....so keep on until you get her better.
Lx

is she booby and bottle ? if bottle , make the cooler then normal , they like the coldness its can feel nice on the acid . try aptamil easy digest my friend swears by it , said it compltely changed her baby !

I found that making Adam's bottles a little cooler worked. But I have also put Adam back to 1 month + teats. He is now taking 15 -20 mins to take 8oz but his reflux has really improved. I also keep him proped up and try not to move too much. I found that it is better to try and get him to sleep after a bottle.

Hope this helps. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back