Signs of labour !?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Aries29, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Aries29

Aries29 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies ,my last baby was 10.5 years ago and I don't remember having many labour signs other then the obvious contractions and pain at the very very end. I don't even remember having braxton hicks or a show or extreme tiredness! I just woke up during the night needing a wee every 10 mins and was called into hospital to be checked and told I was 4cm when I got there - he was born at 41weeks.

This pregnancy is very similar... however I'm now 39 weeks tomorrow & feel absolutely wiped out for the past 2 days. I sleep from 11pm and get up with my son to get him to school around 7-7:30

Is such tiredness a sign of impending labour ??? Like my body's getting ready or what. Any ladies with experience?

What are other signs I should look for if possible

2. Nic_M

Nic_M Well-Known Member

I didn't have any labour signs, I didn't know I was in labour until my waters broke which was a bit of a shock!

3. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Aries I just wrote about my first labour in December mums thread if u want to check it out xo

4. Amy0801

Amy0801 Well-Known Member

Hiya. With my first I can't remember much because it was 7 years ago but I do remember waking up with period like cramps and was seeing the midwife that day anyway so she did a sweep and things progressed from there. Second time round and I have been having a lot of lower backache, lots of discharge, cramps, mood swings etc...all good labour signs but no sign of labour actually starting!! My midwife is doing a sweep for me on Friday so fingers crossed!xx

5. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

I have been exhausted throughout my entire pregnancy more or less, and at nearly 32 weeks, I still sleep more than I'm awake I think. I'm not sure that tiredness is a sign of impending labour - I have actually heard that some people often get a burst of energy in the days leading up to birth. xx

6. Aries29

Tmi sorry guys, this evening I've had a mucus discharge about the size of a 1p piece . Clear and jelly like and very thick. 39weeks - I think it might be a bit of my plug :)

7. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Sounds like it Aries fingers crossed although sometimes it may take a wee while for things to kick off for me when I lost my plug the contractions had started already

8. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

Woohoo! That's so exciting Aries, hope things progress well for you! Let us know when you get a chance :D

9. Aries29

Holding out to reach my due date so he'll be a December babe so I don't mind waiting. If he chooses to come
    Earlier I doubt I'll be able to do much about it ... excited :)
    I could potentially have him in December still couldn't I ?? It's only 6 days and 5 hours lol

10. Ikklemoi

Ikklemoi Well-Known Member

Ooo good luck Aries I lost my plug with my second little boy and labour stsrted within half hour. �� Xx

11. Aries29

Thanks ladies- will keep you all updated .
    I don't have any cramps etc yet, so it'll be at least a few days I think. Booked in for a sweep on 01/12 if he's not arrived by then. Hoping he'll be a December babe though :) . I'll have to try and chill to hold him in lol ...

12. Aries29

That was fast !!! How many years between your pregnancies? 10.5 years between mine ( shock horror ) my first at 20 and now at 30 number 2 is due