sickness - all day & especially at meal times?

freepie

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am suffering with awful sickness. It lasts all day and is especially bad at meal times. Just thinking about food makes me feel unwell, and i am starting to be sick during meal times. I am off work today, couldnt face getting in the house and driving!

Anyone feeling this way??

Any suggestions? :cry:

Hi Freepie,

My goodness, it does sound like you're having a really rough time.

I'm not quite that bad - can eat normally, and actually feel normal when am eating, and for about half an hour afterwards. I am starting to go off stuff though - can't eat carrots and humous, and even tea is becomming a bit of a struggle. Have even gone off sweet stuff. Have huge cravings for bread and potatos!!! I don't usually eat much of either!

I'd say the only thing you can do really is eat very little and often, and make sure you keep your fluids up. Hope it passes soon. :hug:

Oh poor you, it sounds like your getting it really badly. I felt terrible last week, not too bad this week. It's ahrd to eat anything when you want to throw it up. I heard that you should eat whatever you fancy because that way at least you are getting some nutrients.

Are you able to keep food down at all?

x

I was like this too - it got that bad I couldn't keep fluids down and I was admitted to hospital :( I hope it doesn't get like that for u.

I found plain things were ok and I was ok with fruit. I could also eat lunch without being sick but breakfast and dinner were a no no :(

Hope u are feeling better soon - I have been feeling much better since about 15 weeks :hug:

Try to keep your chin up hun. I was exactly the same some weeks back, I felt terrible! I had to take a fair bit of time off work due to it.
In most cases though morning sickness does get better. Mine started to improve lots around the fourth month. I know that sounds ages away, but believe me time will fly for you.

A big hug to you :hug: and try to stay positive.

I was like this too, its only just got better over the last week

change your meal times , your getting too hungry

i ended up having lunch at 11 am and dinner at 5 NO LATER !!! :shock: id be so more ill if i got just a single bit hungry

soup was great

Oh, I'm so sorry it has been so bad for you - I hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Babes

Sorry you feel rotten :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am just having neseaus. I can't stomach any soup or garlic bread at the moment. Keep eating mints when I feel sick.

Hope you get better soon.

Mx

Some great advice in this thread. Sickness is horrible. Things that worked for me included:

* not letting my blood sugar get low - eating little and often.
* eating what I fancied and not worrying about it.
* sleeping (tiredness was a major factor for me).

However I had bad all-day nausea from Week 6-9 and then again from 13-14 so I know how awful it can be :puke:

It does definitely get better - now I'm eating for two make no mistake!

Hope you feel better soon - good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back