Sick of the house and landlady

Archiesmummy

Reaction score
We have been in our 2 bed terrace for nearly 8 months and have had nothing but trouble.

Within the first week of being here the fitted wardrobe doors in LO room fell off and landed on him, the fireplace was ripped out and the windows are rubbish.

Now we had the wardrobe doors fixed a couple of weeks ago and the fireplace was fitted at the same time, its only taken her 7 months.

Now we are spending £20 a week on gas as its so cold. I had the council out to do a risk assessment on the windows and its come back that majority of them need doing. So i rang my estate agents, as we go through them and she said that she didn't think the landlady would do it because of cash problems. I told her we all have them and we have to live in this house and spend money on Gas that wouldn't be needed if the windows were fixed.

I have decided that we will be going when the contract ends but she wants two months notice and i have asked them if she can be more leaniant towards that because of the conditions we have had to live in.

Sorry rant over, im just sick of having to pay £425 for a house worth £300. Really annoying

i think thats a bit unfair of her!!

normally u only have to give 4 weeks notice, and im sure this is all they can legally ask u for, she needs to like u said take into consideration ur needs, uv got a little boy n her house is not up to standard n needs stuf doing on it!!

good luck hun x

check your lease as to how much notice but if you pay monthly id have thought it would be a months notice plus if she isnt doig the work needed she should let you out anyways x i hated privte renting feel for you x

thats not fair i though these landlords have a duty of care towards the upkeepof thehouse!! lets hope your next place is better for you and the family xx

thaats disgusting, isnt it in some sort of contract that you have a right to withold rent or something if the property isnt in a satisfactory state?! i realise its bit of a jump but you hsouldnt be paying all that for a ohuse that isnnt worth it!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back