Rental property no go!!

Zoziebubly

Reaction score
Me and my husband are looking for a new rental property because our landlady has decided she does not want children or cats in her house (I have two cats and am TTC our 1st babs)
so we took it on the chin and started searching for a new home.
I live in Cornwalll Penwith area and so does all my family and all my husbands family too.

I have been looking for days! on the net in the papers in shop windows only to find out that these days landlords and letting agents no longer allow people to have lives...IE I have been told by letting agents that I will find it very hard to get a property, people dont want pets or children in their homes (why F...ing rent them out then!!?) and that i should think about going on the council register for a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fuming!! I cant believe it, I literally do not know what to do.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thats really bad :( I rent and Im on Housing Benefit, have a 3 year old and pregnant and they still let me rent?? They also say I can have a pet!

Its crazy that they have to dictate :( at the end of the day, your deposit will be taken if the property is damaged by the pets, children etc the only thing they specify is if they even get the slightest hint that Im smoking in the property automatically HALF the deposit will be taken to redecorate!! Which is fair enough, as I dont smoke anyway lol

Hope you find something soon xxx

I had this exact problem 6 months ago when I was pregnant. Luckily, a friend of a friend was renting out his house privately (not through estate agents) so we moved in. I don't know what we'll do if/when he wants the house back though. We have absolutely no chance of getting a council property. It's just harder and harder to go council now; I know a girl who had two baby girls and was living at her mums, overcrowded, and she still couldn't get a place :(

I'm single, pregnant with a 3 year old and I still have 4 years left on the list lol x

I know, its so bad. Its getting tougher and tougher. There is absolutely nothing in Cornwall and buying one down here is completely out of the question.
dont know what we are going to do.
just keep searching i suppose.

xx

This has really shocked me, the only place I've heard of that kind of caveat before is for rooms in houseshares!

Have you double checked with your current landlord?
Only cos our tenancy agreement said no children and when I fell pregnant I was really worried so we phoned them to tell them...they didn't even realise! They said it was a basic tenancy agreement that the estate agents draw up and they didn't mind at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back