Sick as a pig

hugsy

Reaction score
Oh good god when will I start to feel normal, Im just feeling worse every day, Had to go home from work today cos I was sick so many times, Only made it in the door and was sick again and have a bag beside me on the sofa cos im pretty sure im not done yet :-(

How the hell are you all hiding it from work ? I have my bookin in app tmrw and tempted to just tell them all then even though i know I should wait

You don't have to wait to tell anyone if you don't want to, a lot of people prefer not to say anything until they've had their 12 week scan so if anything does go wrong they don't have to tell people. If you are that ill though, it may be worth saying something to work earlier, they will be able to take it into consideration. I wasn't sick much, but the nausea went around 14 weeks. Before that, i was using travel sick bands all day everyday because they really helped me feel better, nothing else worked

Yeah we realy wanted to wait till at least 12 weeks and I am only starting a new contract in my job on the 1st of September,

I just had nausea to start with but the last week or 2 its worse every day when I was expecting it to start gettin better

I had to tell one woman in work allready as she is older and was sick with her kids so has kinda been looking after me but dont want to tell the rest or my boss unless I have to but I think if im so sick and they guess it will look bad that i didnt tell them if that makes sense

Its nice you have someone looking after you at work. Wish i could offer some advice on how to make you less sick. I'm sure work would understand why you hadn't told them if they guessed/found out

sorry to hear you're feeling crappy hun :-( have a hug :hug:

Its becomin d story of my life these days :-( have booking in app in the morning so hoping for a scann to make sure all is well and there just the one and hopefull then il start to get better twords tri 2

We told everyone after our 8w scan, we were so excited we had to tell everyone! Thought tellin everyone isnt gonna stop anythin happenin or make it happen, and I decided I would rather everyone knew why I was upset if the worst did happen x

I know how u feel. for work purposes you wish u cud just blurt it ou sometimes just for less stress on ur head about being ill....
i really want to wait but if i get any worse im guna have to say something to someone before they think there's something wrong with me!... One of my friends i work with knows so she just thinks its funny... not when its constant though.. throughout the day and night... urgh!!... Ginger Biscuits are my saviour at the moment. Recommended by my Doc. xx

I cant even look at a ginger biscuit any more lol

Nothing seems to work and just cant keep anything down, bit i think its worse when iv nothing to keep down cos its just stomach lining n bile goo, and the blood of course lol

My life saver has been tic tacs at the moment - found sucking on them helped. What else have you tried???

I know how you feel about not wanting to tell people at work - I was exactly the same - especially as I had m/c in jan, but unfortunatley I work in a care home with some heavy lifting so a friend who's a nurse said I really should tell at least my boss sooner rather than later - she then said i needed to tell the two senior staff as well. To be honest it has made things A LOT easier. Not much help with the sickness but maybe if you were able to tell your boss - or a couple of people you'd find it easier at work.

And like larlybelle said - telling people wont stop or make anything happen - and if it does you have people who know what your going through.

Bless u its so hard isn't it ? Big hugs x

hun go the docs and he can give you medicine to help stop the sickness, its quite common to go get meds for that if its bad. after all the stress of so much throwing up isnt good for your body or baby.

i didn't think i'd look at ginger biscuits, but as soon as it was in my mouth it wasn't as bad as i thought, and after a few minutes they did help, i know its hard t face anything when ur so ill...
Takes a lot of effort to by-pass the sick feeling.... :( it does help though, i havent had a full meal in over a week... lots of little bits......!... hope u feel better soon, it doesn't seem fair on you to have it constantly!! :( bless. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back