~Sicky sick sick

Kayelle

Reaction score
Stuck in work today waves of nausea hitting me ( ive had this the last few weeks getting worse- never actually sick but feel like im gonna)

So bored and cant focus on work. i havnt told work yet and as its been over a week ive been sick the excuse 'i guess a bug must be going around' is wearing a bit thin!

Just need to hear from people who understand lol! im not just beeing fussy am i?

No you're really not hun lol. I'm around 8/9 weeks and i've been the same as you...haven't actually been sick yet but constantly feel nauseas. Sometimes i just wish i would throw up and get it out the way. I work full time in an office at the moment and sometimes it really is grim having to sit and look at a computer screen while i feel dizzy, sick and tired. My boss and one of my colleagues know, but the rest don't so i'm still having to act fairly normal despite feeling horrendous. Not easy.

Chin up, hopefully it won't last much longer! xxx

My nausea has got worse the last few days! I am 11 weeks tomorrow. I thought it was meant to get better!

Thanks bee, that is exactly how i am! so frustrating huh? my OH is now worried and tells me not to make myself sick to make it better. I wont but feels like it would be better if i did.
Im so glad there are some people that understand how hard it can be!
I know it will be worth it for the end result as people tell me but its hard atm x x

It helps to know that other people are suffering doesn't it! It's not good to constantly feel ill, especially when other people expect you to be acting normal. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Kayelle, I'm due around the same time as you and my sickness has been horrible and constant! I've tried everything - but I'm scared to eat! All I manage is cereal, pancakes etc. Got some sick bands from Asda tonight though so hopefully they work!

Try avoid anything spicy because there is nothing worse than bringing that back up!

But I really hope this goes by week 12... knowing my luck I'll have it the whole 9 months! PAH! xxx

im nearly 13 weeks, and i still have evening sickness. feeling awful!
hoping it'll get better after this week, but have flows and waves of sickness all day. i have a good 2 hours midday where i have an eating binge, but as soon as it hits 7:30pm, the nausea, tiredness and sickness comes until i get into bed.
a lot better than i was at 7-11 weeks though... so it does get better, jus haven't manages to eliminate it completely..... Hope nobody has to suffer with it the whole 9 months!! that would be dreadful!!!

Good luck chucks.xx

p,s- i know it's hard to face putting anything in your belly, but nibbling on ginger biscuits helped at the really bad times, as tough as it is getting the energy to want to eat anything!... x

thanks for the advice guys!
it is hard when u dont wanna eat :( and OH keps saying remember what you will get at the end but it is hard atm. Its like having a bug or hangover but knowing it aint gonna go away tomorrow!
Bring on the glow stage!

I've had morning sickness the last 5 or 6 days. The 1st day I was actually sick, then just had really bad waves of nausea for the next few days. Then yesterday was sick in the morning, but not too bad the rest of the day. Today, I was sick befoe getting out of bed, then sick after I'd eaten. Went to sleep until 1.00pm. Got up, had a nibble of cheese and then proceeded to heave, but not actually sick. I feel b****y awful at the moment though. The house looks like a tip too, which doesn't help the mood! My partner works long hours, so he doesn't feel like housework when he gets home! Guess we're all in the same boat!

yeah bute, im usually spot on with housework and even though OH is doing as much as he can bless him its not quite my usual standard so im sitting there thinking must clean... as soon as i go to move i feel sick!

I know. Was in the middle of washing up a few nights ago and then a wave of bad nausea hit and had to just leave everything where it was and go to bed! Went to do hoovering yesterday and there was no chance! Really not felt like doing anything today.

I know annoying huh! what you up to today? chill infront of tv if you can! im stuck in stinky work :( just managed a choccie biccie lol

I saw this blog and hope you dont mind me buttin in but I had sickness until I was 19 weeks pregnant. In fact its called Hyperemesis Gravadarium. Its just extreme sickness. Anyway after becoming a bit of an expert in this area I can only give you ladies a bit of advice that helps me. So from what I understand, sickness is apprently the hormone levels in your body racing which causes this surge of sickness. I believe it also is a way fo your body telling you that your blood sugars may be low or your dehydrated.

I honestly would suggest that you try to drink something like lemonade. This may sound highly unlady like but believe you me, if you get sick you just dont bloody care after a while. It helps you burp which is a good reliefe for naseua and also the sugar just brings your blood sugar up.

The second thing is to have a little bowl of something like hot ambrosia custard. I found just having a tiny bowl did help ease sickness and naseau.

The other thing I was told during various stages in hospital, was that because you are reluctant to eating/drinking, you can cause ketones to appear in your urine and these are toxic to your baby. Its basically where your body will start eating at your own body fat and is not good news.
Naturally everyone has them perhaps first thing in the morning, but then you eat and drink and they dissapear. If you can sip on say ice cold water throughout the day you can keep these abay and also you need to think about the impact it has on your baby.

If in doubt you get seriously ill I would advise you go see the doctor/MW and ask them to check your wee because most of them won't and also there is a type of anti sickness they can give you. Mine was called Cyclizine which was given to me by injection on the Early Pregnancy Unit. Just have a word with your health acre provider and seek advice but there are options which some ladys do not no about. I also took 2 weeks off work (signed off by doctor) It was a real help.

hope you girls are ok x

Also little did I Know but if you take folic acid, this also makes you sick!

yeah bute, im usually spot on with housework and even though OH is doing as much as he can bless him its not quite my usual standard so im sitting there thinking must clean... as soon as i go to move i feel sick!

Omg thats how I feel too, my house is falling apart which is making me feel down. I've taken this week off work because I am feeling sick all day and every time I move its worse. I have been sick a few times where I've moved around. My OH doesn't seem to understand and hates I'm not cooking at the moment. The worse thing about it all is I'm not eating well at all because my other is not cooking and most times buying take away. I'm skipping so many meals. GRRR The wonders of pregnancy. I hope we all get pass these waves of nausea and the vomitting. xx

Folic Acid tablets caused a lot of my sickness, after midday when i took it with my main meal, i'd feel horrendous about 2 hours later!!!!..... Nothing really solves it, but i agree with the LEMONADE drinking, it helps with sugar levels.
xx

Annoyingly eating seems to help.... If I can force myself to eat I feel better! I suppose I'm lucky I'm not actually vomiting cos it would be difficult!

Omg Yey just seen my ticker..... A fetus! Eeeeee :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back