Should I worry or is it just Braxton Hicks?

widowwadman

Reaction score
I've been having tummy and back aches all day, together with quite painful tightenings. I can't make out any regularity, as they never ease of fully and seem to last forever. There are no signs of show or plug, and I just wonder whether this is just Braxton Hicks in its most annoying form or worth ringing the labour ward about? I don't want to be hysterical/over-reacting and I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow lunch time anyway, but I'm not sure what's happening to me.

I've been feeling fetal movements most of the day (mostly stretching, less wriggling and currently there's a hiccup), so I think Horatio is fine.

I've just run myself a bath and hope this is going to help a bit, but I wondered what you would suggest is the best course of action and whether it's actually completely normal?

If you have a bath and that doesnt stop them, then ring the MW hun! Its always better to be safe than sorry! Baths usually stop BH so see how it goes! :hug:

It eased off a bit in the bath, I think, although seems to be kind of returning, slightly, now that I've been out for half an hour or so. But not as strong as earlier. Hmm, I'll give it another hour or so, I think and if it hasn't eased off completely then, I will phone. If only to get some reassurance. Would be easier if I had some kind of transport, but if they'd ask me to come in I'd have to drive myself, and I'm not sure whether that's good (especially looking at the horrendous fees at hospital car parks.)

Sorry about all the rambling, trying to post myself calm.

I have been feeling the same since lunch time.. I saw midwife at 3pm and she assuremed me that I am fine since the baby's head is not engaged yet. Probably just strong Braxton Hicks and I am trying to practice breathing.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you Petra. It's very reassuring to read that I'm not the only one who's having this.

Do you have it all over your belly or just high up or low down? I seem to feel the tightenings mostly at the top, where the ribcage starts, although I also feel downward pressure as soon as I stand up. If it was the real thing it wouldn't be only tight at the top, would it? At my last midwife appointment 10 days ago engagement was 4/5, the midwife seemed perfectly happy with that.

:wave: I was having tightenings all over my belly and it was quite painful. I will finish packing my bag tomorrow just in case I am getting close. This is my first so don't know what the real thing is :wink:

if its stil on going hun i would get it checked out if only for your peace of mind.

Just to say, been to the midwife and there's nothing to worry about. Horatio isn't engaged any further than two weeks ago, but perfectly healthy and the right size etc. She told me that I can always call if I'm worried, but so far everything's fine. :)

widowwadman said:
Thank you Petra. It's very reassuring to read that I'm not the only one who's having this.

Do you have it all over your belly or just high up or low down? I seem to feel the tightenings mostly at the top, where the ribcage starts, although I also feel downward pressure as soon as I stand up. If it was the real thing it wouldn't be only tight at the top, would it? At my last midwife appointment 10 days ago engagement was 4/5, the midwife seemed perfectly happy with that.

I will say also that they usually say BH are felt more at the top of the tim but labour contractions are mainly felt in the bottom of your tum!! (well at the start lol!)
Im glad to hear everythings ok!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back