Should I worry about my fibroid???

flinty84

Reaction score
Just found out I'm pregnant (3w 6d). I have been having tests for reccurent mc, and found out I have a fibroid. I wasn't worried as my mum told me that lots of her family have fibroids but I googled it (stupid me!) and read that some fibroids can cause early mc, and the last 2 were early, both roughtly 6w. Got my gyno appiontment on the 18th when I'll be 5w, where they will tell me (hopefully) what sort of fibroid I have and if it could be the cause of my mc. Is there anything I can do to boast me having a sticky bean this time????

No well my auntie had one and stil has one.. She developed it while pregnant with my cousin no harm to baby or her.. However her pregnancy went ten days over due and she gets funny pains in her belly but no real issues xx

Some can but fx not urs :) xx i have herd other successes to!! Hope all is well in the end !! X

Hi,

I have got 2 small fibroids - I didn't even know I had them until I was pregnant with my LO. They got slightly bigger during the pregnancy but didn't cause any problems.

However, I did have an mc in January but no-one said it was because of the fibroids but it was in the back of my mind and is again with this pregnancy.

FC for us! x

I suppose it depends on where they are in relation to the baby. Hope yours is okay.

Saying that my mum had a few and still had my bro and me.
A few years ago she ended up having a fully hystorectomy due to the amount of fibroids she had and pain they were giving her.

So as long as it's not in the way of baby then I think it'll be fine :)

I carried fine with 2 fibroids, one anterior and one posterior. The scan lady said to me the only real problems with fibroids are if they are in the wrong place it means a c-section. Which I ended up having but for different reasons xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back