fibroids.....

sarahg

Reaction score
Anyone had any experiences of fibroids - a long time ago ( before ttc) I found out I had a fibroid - not that large and nothing to worry about. Any way when I went for my first scan the lady said (a bit thoughtlessly I thought) "you know you've got a fibroid and it's bigger than your pregnancy!" That shocked me as it had been really tiny and had clearly grown. The first thing we saw on the scan was something that looked like a planet rather than my bub.

Recently when I saw the midwife she said she could feel it and I think I can too - I am really concerned about how big it can get and whether it will affect the baby. I have my 20 week scan in a few weeks and then a referral to see the doc and have a chat - I am still worried though! - Has anyone else had a fibroid which has grown and what happened - I know they won't do anything so if it keeps growing what happens? :think:

Hi as I read your post I am praying for you and hope things go well. I had the same experience, they hurt and I never had fibroids until I got preg. I had 2.. which caused me to get an infection and I lost my baby at 20weeks.... Not sayin this will happen for you... If you have a good DR he/she will guide you in the right direction.... Mine didnt, but as of now I have set up an appointment with a new OB and getting checked out. I can feel a small bump on my right side and when I press down its very tender. Take care of yourself, you may inquire about bed rest and try to drink a lot of water eat plenty of fruits and veggies to fight off anything your body may come in contact with.... Praying for you!

my mum had them with my youngest sis.they grew with the pregnancy and they caused her a lot of pain but she did go on to have a normal vag delivery.my sis is 17 now.hope your pregnancy goes well.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back