Uterine fibroids

Katkin72

Reaction score
Does anyone else have uterine fibroids? I first noticed I had them last year when I had my non-hormonal coil fitted and was checking it was still in place. There are several little bumps on the outside of my cervix. I was really worried and went to see the nurse at my GP surgery and was reassured they were very common and not to worry about them. My last smear was fine, but the nurse did also tell me she could feel a small fibroid inside my cervix which could possibly cause problems when trying to conceive. Should I be worried or accept what they have told me?? Not really sure what to think.

Hi I am soo glad I am not alone. I had a stillborn Dec 10, 2011 and the Dr. found 2 fibroids in my uterus. He said that I had developed an infection which caused preterm labor. My Dr. told me when he seen them that they could be caused because of heavy periods, which I had 2 months before I fell preg. He didnt treat mine beause he didnt think they were an issue and that the baby would just push them out of the way. It scares me becasue I've never had this happen to me. As of today I hurt off and on on my right side, it feels sore and tender when I mash down. I will be seeing a new OB Thursday and hoping that everything is fine, my dr was not a good dr. I complained about how bad I was hurting in Nov. but he ignored my cry, they shushed me away and told me that I was having bad round ligament pain because I was small and then they said I had a UTI... My symptoms were like an UTI but after the found out through test that I didnt have it I belive they should have done a sonogram which didnt happen until I found out what I was having on Dec 8th, Dec 9th my dr prescribed Hydrocodone for me because I called and told him I was hurting so bad I couldnt walk... Dec 10th I started having contractions, he gave me petosin and broke my water then told me that my baby would not make it. Its hard but I am trying to think positive and trying to conceive again. I hope and pray that when I see my new OB this Thurs I'm fine and I am at least 2-3 weeks preg. if not hopefully I get preg very soon... Im suppose to be getting married in July but I still want to get a head start on conceiving before I get married..

Hiya, thanks for your reply - I am so sorry to hear what you have been through losing your baby. I'm shocked that your GP didn't take you seriously and treated you so badly :-( If I was you I would change my GP as I wouldn't be able to trust his judgement after his previous advice. Sending you love and hugs and fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy in the very near future xxx

P.s you are definately not alone on this site, everyone here is lovely and very supportive. I haven't experienced what you have been through but I know there are other ladies on this site who can give you lots of advice and support xxx

Last edited:
I have changed my Gyno and will be seeing her tomorrow. Hopefully I get some results. I am nervous and somewhat excited to begin a new journey.

Hiya, how did your gyno appt go the other day? Hope it went ok xxx

I have noticed I have about 4 or 5 little lumps on my cervix now - think I need to go and see the nurse at my GP surgery in case it's something to start worrying about :-(

The best thing is to check in with your female relatives (mom, sister or aunt) & find out what normal is for your family...
this will give you a better idea what will happen with your Fibroids...

Thanks shallsam96 - I don't have any sisters but could broach the subject with my mum and aunt. Is this something that can be hereditary? I thought I had heard somewhere that it can be a side effect of taking the pill. TBH until I came off the pill and had the coil fitted in 2010 I don't think I had ever checked my cervix lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back