Should i still be feeling like this?

poochielove

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wanted to ask how long it took you to feel 'right' again after giving birth. I gave birth almost 4 weeks ago and i am still not feeling myself. My stitches seem to have healed, although standing up for long periods of time does make me ache down there. But its more that i feel drained and always have a headache and seem to be taking 2 lots of paracetamol a day at least. I know that i would be feeling extra tired as he wakes up every 3 hours and all in all i am probaly getting 5 ish hours kip a night and maybe 1/2 hours in the day. I just cant explain how i feel. I have been relaxing since i had him when he is asleep and havent been out the house much, although i do try and make the effort to get him in the fresh air. I am still bleeding aswell although thats nearly gone. I just dont feel back to myself.
I had a natural labour although was in shock for a few days after a traumatic birth. Please could you let me know your experiences thanks :)

Hiya hun,

I had a c section but im also still bleeding. You may be anaemic if you are feeling really tired, maybe worth asking your doc about. I'm also pretty shattered but that maybe due to lack of sleep.

Claire x

It's early days hun. :hug: I had a pretty crappy time of it too and it was a good while, probably a couple of months, before I started to feel more human again. Give yourself plenty time, your hormones will still be all over the shop and combined with tiredness it's a recipe for feeling not too hot. It does get better though, I promise :hug:

Hey hun, I feel the same (apart from the stitches situation).
Ive put it down to hormones and sleep deprivation :lol: Im still bleeding too, and like you havent really been out house much in order to "relax", but still feel knackered.
Im just thinking its still early days and that I will feel better soon, and I hope you will too :hug:

Having a traumatic birth doesnt help either (trust me I can sympathise, Im still feeling pretty shit about and have had several sobbing moments about it), it might help to talk to your HV about it? This is what I plan to do :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back