Feeling crap after c section

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi all I had an emergency section a week ago and just feeling crap. Everything seems to aggrevate my scar and make me feel uncomfy and although I've lost just over a stone since / during birth my belly is all flabby and of course I can't exercise yet and I know I'm prob still swollen. Someone asked when my baby was due yest and I felt crap saying I gave birth a week ago :( when does it get better? Xx

It does get better, I promise you :hugs:
Very soon the pain will subside, you will feel a lot better then.
My advice would be to get some big belly warmer knickers, so that they sit above the scar.
You will soon be able to exercise again (although with a new baby you will probably tone up alot without!!).
I felt exactly like you, this is the hardest part xx

^^^WSS. Jeans are a total no no at first. I dont think I wore jeans for about 6 weeks :(

It does get better though :hug: Just try and rest as much as you can and if anyone offers you help, just go with it. Salt baths really helped my scar heal nicely and I found the bath quite relaxing and easing any pain.

Slow movements are a must as well. I started to speed up a bit when I thought I was ok but the scar soon started hurting alot again. xxx

Keep on top of pain meds !
get lots of rest
it does get better :hugs: i cant even really see my scar now either xxx

Definitely rest, wear leggings too as they are the most comfy. I still do too much and my scar starts to ache, Isla is 37 weeks old! It will get easier, and you will feel loads better soon. My weight dropped of once I'd got moving again, it's hard when you feel like crap.

Sending lots of hugs xxx

Thanks guys. I stopped my codeine tablets as they made me have nightmares and hallucinations. So I guess that could be why I get a bit of pain! I just wanna tone up and feel better about myself and bit i feel like I'm still Preg as nothings fits and I just wear baggy clothes! I do hop it gets better xx

i lived in joggers and granny pants for weeks after, my belly was swollen for best part of a month even though i lost 2 stone in the first 6 weeks, my stomach is still not flat now and quite rotund above the scar... dont think it will ever be flat again 2bh :-(

I was taking cocodamol, paracetmol and iron tablets after my emergency section. I felt awful too, the left side of my wound pulled as if I'd been stitched back up wrong. The pain overall was unimaginable, but each day was such a massive improvement on the previous.

I didn't even look at my body til Oscar was between 3-5 weeks old, I can't remember now as it's all a bit blurry. But OMG I cried, I couldn't believe what I looked like. But it does get better. It's a bloody long road though and I lived in leggings for the first 3 months. Now I'm back in jeans. My tummy is slowly getting back, but I don't think I will ever be like I was pre-pregnancy, but it's ok because I have my son and he''s worth everything i went through. And I'm gonna do it all again lol.

And this time I have to enter the pregnancy knowing it will end in a section!

You'll get there hun, your hormones are still going crazy don't forget, and don't beat yourself up over your body. You'll be able to exercise soon enough (I started running again after 4 months) and your baby is worth it!

xxxxxxxx

i lived in joggers and granny pants for weeks after, my belly was swollen for best part of a month even though i lost 2 stone in the first 6 weeks, my stomach is still not flat now and quite rotund above the scar... dont think it will ever be flat again 2bh :-(

Oh yeah I forgot the massive granny pants lol. My mum went and bought me a big pack of about size 20s lol They came up to my armpits almost but OMG they were comfy. I miss them... not lol xxxxx

It takes longer with a c section to get your abdo muscles back into the right place but it does happen. I have my normal body back now and LO will be 1 soon. I think it was about 6 or 7 months I wore a lot of leggins and tunics. I stopped the pain meds after about 3 weeks I think. But i had to get OH to do certain things for a few months like get the ironing board out and I couldnt jump to reach stuff (Im short so I have to do this all the time!)

Ease up on yourself, youve just had surgery, stay in your PJs a few more weeks and look after yourself xxx

How you feeling now hun? Any easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back