should I have implant removed?updated 1st post

clairescunny55

Reaction score
I've been bleeding non stop for nearly a month :( sometimes its just the horrible brown stuff but most days its bright red but not particularly heavy. But none the less it makes the implant pointless as we obviously aren't having sex while I'm bleeding! Did anyone else experience this? Am I being too hasty, do you think I should give it a bit longer?

UPDATE 6/5

been put on the pill to see if it'll help thebleeding :( hope itworks soon

I know someone that had the same thing, it calmed down after about a month but the doc told her it was the hormones, he said as she had them just put in (3 yr one) the body has to get used to the level of hormone in them of something like that, i was the other way round though but it was with depo provera injection, i never had a period at all in about 2 years!

Yes I had this. I'd been bleeding for about 3 months before I thought about going back to the doctor, but still thought I was being too hasty, but I couldn't get an appointment with the only doctor who was trained to do it for a month, so thought I'd give it till then to see if it would settle down (it didn't). The doc did say that it was just the way some people reacted to it and I could either go on the pill for 2 months to see if that would control the bleeding, or have it removed. I couldn't see the point of having to remember to take a pill every day as well, so had it removed.
Bleeding stopped with a few days and I just felt so much more energetic and got my sex drive back!

i had a period for a whiel.. but it wasnt a proper period mainly brown stuff :puke:

it did settle down and i have a period all be it light every 4/5 weeks...

which i thougth was odd as i was led to beleive they'd stop... haha but i have regular, were as before i didnt have regular if any

I had the yucky brown stuff for a few weeks, but since it stopped i've had nothing....Its hard to know what to do for the best because the doctors say give it a few months for everything to settle down, which is fair enough but its so horrible constantly bleeding and not knowing when it will end isn't it?

I had to have mine removed as i didn't stop bleeding with the implant and on top of that the docs tried to make me take the pill every morning to stop the bleeding, it was all to much hassle and the day it was taken out was a huge relief i stopped bleeding after about 3 days.

my neice had this problem, she went on for about 3 months before she went to the doc, he gave her some tablets to take :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back