Should I be worried?

valleygirl24

Reaction score
Last tuesday I had an midwife appointment and she checked the babys heartbeat on the doppler. Since then I have tried to listen myself on my doppler (on thursday and this morning) and I cant find baby anywhere, Ive managed to find my placenta but nothing else.
I cant blame the doppler as I heard baby in the two weeks leading up to antenatal so I know it is capable to pick up the heartbeat.
Is it something I should worry about or should I put it down to the baby hiding somewhere?

Also I dont know if it makes a difference but before antenatal I was finding the heartbeat in the night, whilst the twice I havent been able to find it have been just before I get up in the morning.

I wouldn't worry too much, it can be tricky at that stage.

I always found it easier to find a heartbeat after I'd eaten...maybe that's why you've been able to find it at night?

random question but are you aware of where your baby is lying when you lay down, from aorund 16 weeks when i layed down my belly looked different at different times, sometimes it would be quite soft but at others below my belly button it would become quite hard and rounded, when it was hard and rounded i found i could locate baby straight away but others hardly ever, hope that makes sense :lol:

I think this is the problem with dopplers to be honest
You can make yourself worry when you needn't

I bought a pre natal listening thingy and have never found my babys heartbeat, but i saw him quite clearly at my scans and hear him at my MW appt's so ive put it away for good - not going to stress myself out about it

I suggest you do the same hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back